- The Quality of Stainless: Stainless steel is the ideal and most widely used material for the foodservice industry, mainly for its durability, easy-to-clean nature, and its industrial aesthetic. By making an all stainless cabinet from the interior to the exterior along with every part in between, Traulsen units will last for longer without wavering in performance or reliability. Stainless steel also transfers temperature a lot faster than plastic or vinyl. Cutting out all the plastic pieces that are so often found in other refrigeration brands will ensure quality and easy upkeep year after year.
- The Traulsen Air Flow: Unlike other manuacturers who push cold air from the top down or from the back to the front, Traulsen has designed their cabinets with air ducts that help move cold air in a circular motion. This engineered air flow will blow across then down so cold air can fill from the bottom up, shelf by shelf by shelf. This air flow design will lengthen the life of your compressor and ensure the most thorough temperatures no matter where food is placed in the cabinet.
- Why Top Mount Refrigeration? The debate between whether top mount versus bottom mount refrigeration is better continues on with the ultimate consensus being that it is a subjective matter of opinion for the end user. Traulsen, however, continues to stand by their philosophy of having top mount refrigeration for multiple reasons. The first is that it is simply easier to access for preventative maintenance operations and service. Though bottom mount might seem easier, it is actually much harder to reach the interior of the refrigeration system when on your back amidst dirt, grime, and limited visibility. Second, because the evaporator, condenser and compressor are all located high up off the ground, you-the end user- won't have to worry as much about dirt and grime getting sucked into the system, which is often the case with bottom mount units whose fans and motors are located right above the floor. And third, because the refrigeration system is located up top, it is not eating up useable space in the interior of the cabinet, unlike the bottom mount conterparts on the market. (Traulsen claims you will have 15-20% more usable storage space in their boxes than bottom mount units by competitive brands.)
- The Best Insulation: Traulsen is the only brand of its kind that ensures a minimum thickness of 2 inches of insulation in their refrigeration. This insulation is 100% foamed in place for the best temperature maintenance and control.
- Free Freight On Everything! In addition to the brand's generous Free Freight offer, there is also a Free Liftgate service offered for any Traulsen unit you buy under 72''.
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Commercial Refrigeration is a saturated marketplace filled with quality brands and products. For customers in the market to buy a new piece of refrigeration the choice can often be an overwhelming one. By now you've heard us confess our love for manufacturers like True, Hoshizaki and Turbo Air, but one line we encourage you to learn more about is Traulsen. Do you want the longest life out of your unit and the largest return on your investment? Traulsen may be the perfect fit for you. Manufactured in the heart of Ft Worth, Texas, this line has been creating refrigeration solutions since 1938, and their promise to bring quality to the industry has never wavered. One of the ways Traulsen has gained many loyal advocates is by explaining the difference between the price of purchase and the price of ownership with a Traulsen unit. The chart below details this difference: As you can see, although a Traulsen refrigerator or freezer will cost you more up front, it will actually save you money throughout the course of its lifespan. The reason for this harks back to the brand's commitment to quality. Quality Materials, Quality Design, Quality Operation, and Quality Control. Below are a few of the key design elements that make Traulsen one of the most respected refrigeration brands in the world.
One of the best investments that your restaurant business can make is buying proper water filtration for your commercial ice machine. The importance of an adequate filtration system is one of the biggest understatements in the foodservice industry. Understanding how water filtration can help, by ensuring longer running times and a healthier, longer life for your machine, makes this purchase a no brainer. Water filters can be used with other pieces of equipment dealing with water, like steamers, but for the purpose of this post, we are focusing on its importance when used with commercial ice equipment. Perhaps the best way to begin is by reiterating the fact that ice is food and it should be treated as such, with proper food safety practices and precautions. At Mission Restaurant Supply we strongly believe in the importance of water filtration and below we will tell you why: As time wears on, so does the water within your ice machine that is frozen to make ice. Water, in its natural form, carries with it impurities and minerals that will build-up within your machine in the form of lime and scale. (Find out more about that here!) This build-up creates a blockage, much like cholesterol does within an artery, and it makes it harder for the water to pass through. This inherently makes the machine have to work harder and it raises the operating temperatures of the unit which can do irreversible damage to the machine. By investing in a water filtration system, the impurities within the incoming water can be captured and sifted out before the water runs through the interior of the machine. Thus, no lime, no scale, and better operation all around. Without this water filtration system, the ice formed with the unfiltered water will eventually have a a foul smell and a discolored appearance. Talk about leaving a bad taste in you customer's mouth! For your customer (and yourself) this is an undeniable turn off and an obvious indication that maintenance is not being adhered to. Investing in one of our Water Filters will do the following:
- Filter Dirt and Sediment from the incoming water
- Eliminate bad tastes and odors from the impure water
- Inhibit lime scale accumulation
- Prolong the life of your investment
What makes a dining experience memorable for you? The question is subjective to every diner- it could be a great waiter or waitress, attention to the minute details, a fantastic dish, delicious wine- but one thing that almost always is consistent is lighting. As a restaurateur, having a warm glow and soft light on your diners' tables is a great way to leave a lasting memory in the minds of your customers. It sets the tone, enhances the ambiance, and creates a relaxed, romantic mood that will better the dining experience. At Mission Restaurant Supply we have a huge selection of votives, tea lights and candle lights by Hollowick, a company that has been creating beautiful lighting for the foodservice industry since 1971! The product selection is reminiscent of a large treasure trove of jewel-colored votives and lamps that will bring your tables to life. There are a number of options and choosing can oftentimes be overwhelming, which is why we've broken down the different finishes along with some of the top-selling styles so that you will have a clear idea of the different designs available. Which will you choose? Shop through the extensive selection of Candles and Votives by Hollowick at Mission Restaurant Supply and achieve a warm, inviting ambiance at your dining establishment. Want to spruce up the dining room at home? These candles are also a best-seller for our fans outside of the foodservice industry!
One of our favorite meals to make at home during the warm spring and summer months is a homemade pizza. There's really nothing better for entertaining either than making fresh pizza dough and allowing your guests to "decorate" with their toppings of choice. Throwing this kind of party takes having a reliable pizza dough recipe you can count on, and after finding Patricia Wells's simple and delicious version, we are forever hooked. The best part about entertaining with fresh pizza is that the dough can be prepared ahead of time (using a good food processor like this one) making it a stress-free ordeal for the host. So all that's left to do is to set out a big smorgasbord of veggies, meats, cheeses, and whatever other toppings you enjoy, and have plenty of vino flowing! Our latest attempt at the homemade pizza was aimed at incorporating more veggies into the mix. So Pizza Primavera it was! Chopped up mushrooms, sliced bell peppers, zucchini shreds and loads of chevre goat cheese (of course) made the perfect Pizza Primavera. Top off with a light drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of coarse salt, and some red pepper flakes and you are all set! TIP: Lightly salt the veggies before you cook for the most delicious flavor. Mission has all the Pizza Supplies for your home or business- from Pizza Pans to Pizza Cutters & More!
In the foodservice industry the importance of safety when using gas-operated equipment is paramount. Having a heavy-duty gas connection hose that will not only meet code but withstand the rigors of commercial use is therefore an essential part of your kitchen safety and should be a conscious part of your design considerations. (Unfortunately, this small- yet very important detail- is a specification people often forget about until the site inspector comes to your facility.)
At Mission Restaurant Supply, we carry Dormont Gas Connection Hoses which comply with the latest standards in the industry. Recently, flexible commercial gas connection hoses have come to be "the norm" and regarded as the best option for your gas equipment, as opposed to the traditional hard, rigid connections of the past. There are a few key reasons for this:Why Use A Flexible Gas Connection Hose?
- The flexibility of the design makes hooking up your gas-operated appliances from the rear connection to the gas piping much easier, not to mention much closer to the wall. With a rigid hose, there is not as much maneuverability and equipment is restricted from getting close to the wall.
- Dormont's Flexible Gas Connection Hoses are certified by NSF International where as Rigid Hoses are not.
- Cleanability is essential throughout your foodservice facility and this couldn't be more true than in greasy, flammable areas (i.e. by your gas-operated cooking equipment.) With a flexible gas connection hose, a range or gas- powered unit on casters can be mobile for thorough cleaning and maintenance underneath and around the unit.
- Dormont's Flexible Gas Hoses meet updated codes, including ANSI Z21.69/CSA 6.16: Connectors for Moveable Gas Appliances and CAN/CSA B149.1: Natural Gas and Propane Installation