Author Archives: admin
You know summer is in full swing when the sweet smells of freshly-baked pies start wafting from the oven and dinners al fresco become the norm. Summer's bounty of plump fruits and beautiful berries are the perfect subject for a medley of summer desserts, and it doesn't get much easier or more delicious than a pie. With all the creative minds out there, from bloggers to bakers to Pinterest extraordinaires, there is no shortage of fun, patriotic recipes to try.
So with this overflow of inspiration, after scouring the web for the best summer desserts, we've found three stand outs that we couldn't resist sharing. There was something about each of these that made them worthy of our vote, be it a sweet detail, an unexpected ingredient or an undeniable wow factor. So whether you're making one of these for family, friends or for a summertime BBQ, we feel confident that they will delight!
1. Roasted Plums with Berries, Marzipan Hearts and Almond-Pepper Crust are the stars behind this winning tart by Sweet Paul. The only major thing you need for this recipe is a blender to blend the plums until smooth. The rest, from the lemon juice to the brown sugar, just adds to the goodness.
2. It doesn't get more patriotic than an American classic like Apple Pie. This version, with its cinnamon apples, flaky crust, salted caramel coating and lattice top (complete with a step-by-step tutorial) is "the holy grail" of American dessert. Though this recipe is the most involved of the three, the stunning step-by-step photographs deliver an undeniable boost of self-confidence.
3. Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries abound in this Triple Berry Pie by blogger darling, Knead To Cook. This recipe is bursting with color and healthy antioxidants and is relatively easy to make. Simply throw your ingredients into a pie pan (on top of the store bought or homemade crust) and bake at the ready.
Let us know if you try one out this summer season! Better yet, if you have a favorite summer pie or dessert recipe, feel free to share with us on our Mission Facebook page!
Whether you're sitting in a dark movie theater or sneaking a snack in the company break room, hot, buttery popcorn is hard to beat. Popcorn is also a great option for foodservice operators looking to boost their bottom line. With profit margins often exceeding 80% Commercial Popcorn Poppers drive profitability into all different applications, from cafeterias to theaters, rehabilitation centers and stadiums. At MissionRS.com our popcorn poppers are designed with strong cabinets and space-saving footprints and all will deliver performances that will pop out in your kitchen.
What Size Popper Do I Need? If you are looking for a popcorn popper for your movie theater, business break room, school or other commercial application, finding the right size is key. Popcorn kettle sizes equate to the number of one-ounce servings of popcorn that the machine will make in any given pop cycle, which generally lasts 3-4 minutes. An example:
- A 4 ounce kettle popcorn machine like this one makes 4-one-ounce servings in every 3-4 minute cycle.
Knowing that there are roughly 20 pop cycles per hour (60 minutes / roughly 3-4 minute pop cycles) you will be able to calculate what size popper you need given your establishment's peak hourly demand.
- If making less than roughly 80-90 servings of popcorn you will need a 4 ounce popper
- If making approximately 90-120 quarts of popcorn you will need a 6 ounce popper
- If making roughly 130-160 quarts of popcorn you will need an 8 ounce popper
How Does Popcorn Pop? Popcorn kernels have a 13-14% moisture content at the center of their hull which is just enough moisture to make them explode under pressure. When this moisture is put under the machine's pressure, that inherent moisture begins to steam and is forced out, causing the hull to pop. If that moisture level is too high or too low the popcorn will not pop- simple as that.
How Do I Store Unpopped Popcorn? Because that 13-14% moisture level is so important to a kernel's popability, popcorn kernels must be stored in a sealed, air tight container at room temperature, thereby kept from getting overly moist or dried out.
Is Popcorn Bad For Me? Popcorn in its natural state (sans butter, sorry) is actually one of the healthier snacks out there with everything from Vitamin B, E, iron, phosphorous, protein, riboflavin and thiamin found in its chemical make up.
What Is An Old Maid? Old maids are the kernels that don't pop during a cook cycle. These kernels may have too much or too little internal moisture to properly steam, expand and pop, and the kernels remain whole in the popper or in the clean out drawer located at the bottom of the machine.
How Addicted Are We? Americans consume 4 billion gallons or 16 billion quarts of popcorn annually making the USA the largest popcorn consumers in the world!
What Brands Are Available at Mission? MissionRS.com has a number of popper brands to choose from including Star Mfg and Benchmark USA. Both are industry leaders with great warranty terms and trusted performances. Please feel free to contact our customer service team at 800-319-0690 to find out more about these brands and the units available for your business!
If you haven't already heard, it's about time to add San Antonio to your list of dining destinations, and pronto. With the plethora of restaurants in our fair city, there is no shortage of great places to eat, so let your culinary compass be your guide. But guide you as it may, we are taking it upon ourselves to introduce you to some of the highlights. Enter: our new series of Chef Interviews.
Over the coming months, we will be sharing some of the chefs and tastemakers that are doing exciting, innovative things in the restaurant industry and we hope you will read along. Do crispy fried gulf oysters with candied bacon, buttermilk chive biscuits and brown butter hollandaise sound appealing to you? How about seared sea scallops with pepperjack-white cheddar grits, sauteed spinach, avocado mousse and cilantro lime jalapeno beurre blanc? Hungry? We thought so.
Behind these delightful, blissfully concocted dishes is Mark Bliss, a San Antonio Chef who oozes culinary talent in relaxed and refreshing ways at his eponymous restaurant, Bliss. Though he's originally from Northern California, Chef Bliss started his culinary career following his move to Texas in the early eighties, working in a handful of hotel and restaurant kitchens before opening Silo in San Antonio, a restaurant which has received tremendous national and regional acclaim over the years. Following a brief sabbatical, Chef Bliss opened his new restaurant concept, Bliss, in the bustling Southtown neighborhood of San Antonio.
The restaurant location was decided on after Mark and his wife/business partner Lisa found a hopeful home in a decrepit yet charming filling station from the early nineteen hundreds. After a good deal of renovation, the building's original exposed brick was complemented by contemporary steel panels, beautiful landscaping, and large glass windows and sky lights to bring natural light into the space. The building, with its relaxed yet refined ambiance and contemporary spin is much like the chef who conducts business within. They are a perfect match and as a result, a dinner here is a harmonious melody of things: it's unpretentious yet service-driven, relaxed yet elegant, comfortable yet subtly swanky, and most of all, the food is bliss.
Keep reading to learn more about Chef Mark Bliss:
MissionRS: How long have you been in the industry and when was it that you first realized you wanted to be a chef? Was it a gradual revelation or an early conviction?
Chef Mark Bliss: I have been in the business since I was 16 years old, I started as a sandwich prep at TOGO's in Northern California. I started becoming serious about it in 1983. I worked at a small trattoria in north San Antonio for a year then went to work at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in 1984. I worked with 4 different chefs while at the Hilton. The Hilton experience really lit a fire under me professionally. I left the Hilton in 1986 to work at The Fairmount Hotel.
MissionRS: Was there one key person (or group of people) who you credit for teaching you the ropes?
Chef Mark Bliss: The first sous chefs I worked with at the Hilton, George Keeney & Louis Spost, were both extremely talented ambitious chefs who had just graduated from the CIA in Hyde Park NY. They taught me a lot about production, sauce making. They are both well respected Chefs to this day. Luckily for me they saw I had the passion for the job and put me on an intensive in house training program. Bruce Auden, the godfather of New American Cuisine in San Antonio became a huge mentor during my tenure at The Fairmount Hotel. Bruce eventually hired me as chef de cuisine at Biga in 1991.
MissionRS: For the newcomers to Bliss, what would be your ideal "first timer" food & wine pairing?
Chef Mark Bliss: Chicken fried oyster sliders & Contaldi Castaldi sparkling rose
MissionRS: Name a handful of tastemakers/ chefs/ foodies who're inspiring you today.
Chef Mark Bliss: I recently returned from Spain and had numerous fantastic experiences in Barcelona & Donostia-San Sebastian. The food scene in Spain is world class. Pakta restaurant in Barcelona was enlightening and delicious as we navigated through 34 tiny bites or courses. Albert Adria from El Bulli & Tickets is a partner with Japanese chef Kyoko Ii & Peruvian chef Jorge Munoz. Pakta is basically a Japanese, Spanish, Peruvian fusion restaurant. The food they are creating is light, healthy & delicious. Here in the states there are numerous great young chef's really getting into the whole farm to table concept. Jared Wentworth at Longman & Eagle in Chicago has really gotten my attention, his food is brilliant.
MissionRS: In the back of the house, what's your most cherished kitchen tool?
Chef Mark Bliss: My chef's knife.
MissionRS: You're nicely nestled into the heart of Southtown San Antonio. Tell us a little bit about why you enjoy this part of town and how it is incorporated into your vision and the dining experience at Bliss.
Chef Mark Bliss: Southtown is a wonderfully diverse food & arts community. Some of the most innovative food in SA is located here. I wanted to do a concept that was comfortable, not pretentious, fun & relaxed with a professional staff & service. I am very blessed to have one of the best staffs in the business. I also have a fantastic partner in my wife Lisa who is responsible for all financial aspects of the business. We have a beautiful space, great landlords...It's a very, very positive environment.
MissionRS: With all the innovative cooking techniques on the market today have you experimented with any that are now mainstays in your kitchen or that you're anxious to try?
Chef Mark Bliss: Sous Vide is definitely on my radar.
MissionRS: For you, what are the secrets or fundamental staples to running a successful restaurant business?
Chef Mark Bliss: Being a fair & honest employer/restaurateur. Not being afraid to make daily changes or try new dishes on a whim. Basically keeping myself & my staff enthused so we do not get stale or dated.
MissionRS: What is the most memorable meal you've had?
Chef Mark Bliss: Recently at Patka in Barcelona & in 1993 at Bouley in NYC.
MissionRS: Where do you see the food industry heading and what do you see for the future of Bliss?
Chef Mark Bliss: Hopefully, the public will continue to embrace small independent restaurants. I see Bliss continuing to get better and evolve with the times. And perhaps the occasional Brunch.
MissionRS: Do you have any tips for aspiring chefs and restaurateurs?
Chef Mark Bliss: Never stop learning, don't be too greedy. Always feed the dishwashers first and foremost as they are truly the heart & soul of a great restaurant. If you want to get a point across, do so respectfully, your staff will truly pay attention.
Bliss is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday and you can make a reservation by calling them at 210.225.2547. Bliss is also directly across the street from our showroom, which is open to the public at 1126 S. St. Marys Street San Antonio, Texas 78210. Come by and see us! Thank you to Chef Bliss and to Lisa Bliss for helping us kick off this new series!
Cinco de Mayo, (not to be confused with Mexican Independence Day on September 16th), is a fun, widely celebrated occasion in the United States. The origins of Cinco de Mayo hark back to May 5, 1862 when the Mexican army was victorious against the French at the Battle of Puebla. Today, Cinco de Mayo is still a much-loved day to celebrate Mexican culture, and restaurants and bars around the United States act accordingly, making margaritas and celebrating the country's delicious cuisine. In case you're looking to throw a Cinco de Mayo party from home, these few items will help you get organized, not to mention they are a great investment for anyone who appreciates a good Mexican drink or meal year round!
1. Tabletop Servers like molcajetes, cast iron skillets, tortilla servers and more are great to have on hand for serving up your favorite Mexican dishes while adding authenticity to your presentation. Make some fresh guacamole and serve it in one of our light-weight molcajetes, or whip up some fresh salsa in seconds with a Vitamix or Blendtec blender. If you're making fajitas on the grill, boost the presentation by serving them up on sizzling cast iron skillets with wood liners, and keep your tortillas nice and hot in one of our colorful servers.
2. Whether you're making virgin or alcoholic margaritas, having a good Bar Blender will make it quick, simple and mess-free. We have a large diversity of blender models and price points with many under $100!
3. Margarita Glasses are a necessity for not only a Cinco de Mayo party but for anyone who appreciates the celebrated drink year round (that would be us!). We have some great margarita glasses, including festive cactus styles, in sizes from twelve to sixteen ounces. Be sure to also check out our Plastic Drinkware!
Looking for a little inspiration to get you started? Check out our favorite guacamole recipe and our go-to margarita recipe.
Another successful Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association (FEDA) Convention has come to a close. From March 26-30, 2014, the industry's premier dealers gathered together for their annual convention which took place in Indian Wells, California at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa.
This year our very own CEO at Mission Restaurant Supply, Jack Lewis, was the FEDA Convention Chair, and the overarching theme was Strategies to Boost Your Bottom Line. Amidst the palm trees, the desert sand, and the beautiful mountains, many great opportunities unfolded to learn, meet with peers new and old, and to discuss relevant topics facing our industry today.
In addition, we had a host of wonderful speakers come speak to this year's attendees, from Shawn Achor, the Harvard lecturer and author of the internationally bestselling book, The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work, to Chef Jeff Henderson, author, chef, and TV personality extraordinaire who shared his story "from cocaine kingpin to head inmate cook to celebrated chef" and who has become "a powerful inspiration to people who have struggled to find success when the odds are stacked against them."
These speakers exceeded our expectations and fueled us with motivation, thought-provoking ideas, and practical advice that can help us better run our businesses and serve the industry!
We look forward to seeing our fellow dealers and distributors next year in Phoenix for FEDA 2015!
sinks, work tables, refrigeration, and the cooking and ware washing equipment. There are a number of reasons for this prevalence, but mostly, stainless steel is used throughout because it is very durable, safe for food preparation, resists corrosion more so than other materials (resist is the key word here) and it is nonporous, so moisture, bacteria and other harmful remnants can't easily seep into the material. However, contrary to popular belief, stainless steel can stain and even rust if not properly maintained. Here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining your stainless steel surfaces in the back of the house so you get rust-free service for years:Stainless steel is a staple in foodservice kitchens, and when properly looked after, it can be found shining everywhere from your countertops to the
- Always use soft cloths, rags and sponges when cleaning the surfaces of your countertops, sink wells, and your stainless steel equipment. Abrasive brushes, scrapers and steel wool can quickly scratch and damage the thin film shield that protects the steel, creating a better opportunity for rust to form. Also, it is a general tip that you should clean going with the grain line. Usually, you can see which way the grain of the steel is going and it's best to polish going with- not against- that line.
- Be sure to clean your stainless surfaces regularly and use the right sanitizing cleaners, keeping in mind the recommended concentration of your cleaner. Cleaning solutions like alkaline and alkaline-chlorinated cleaners should be used whereas traditional chloride solutions are advised against. High chlorine content is not recommended for stainless steel cleaning as it will eventually pit and rust the steel surface. If you do use chlorinated cleaners, be sure to check the concentration and strength, and then rinse it off quickly, before wiping down and drying the stainless surface.
- Hard water is one of the hardest things on stainless steel (no pun intended). Many foodservice establishments know this all too well and have equipped their water supply with filtration systems to soften the water by sifting through some of the harsh chemicals that result in deposits, spots, and eventually, rust. Furthermore, hard water when heated can leave deposits on your steel surfaces which will eat through the protective film, causing rust, once again. Knowing this, it's important to keep water from standing on surfaces and wipe down moisture whenever you can.
Every restaurant and commercial kitchen relies on a powerful cook line that can fulfill its duties and keep up with the rigors of daily use. Every so often a brand comes along that takes this simple principle and exceeds the customer expectation, both aesthetically and functionally. With Garland Restaurant Ranges, your business can achieve just that. A model of durability, style, high performance and versatility, the Garland Restaurant Ranges are a must for the operator looking for unparalleled performance. Here are 5 points that show how Garland stands out amongst the rest:
1. LARGER COOK TOP = GREATER PRODUCTIVITY
With 27 inches of cooktop depth, the Garland Restaurant Range has the largest cooking surface in the industry which means you can do more at any one time. Will hold six 12 inch pots easily!
2. UNIQUE BURNER CONFIGURATION = MORE CONCENTRATED HEAT
Garland uses two-piece Starfire Pro Burners which pack 33,000 BTUs of power in a concentrated configuration, giving you the most precise heat and burner efficiency.
3. LARGE, PORCELAIN OVEN = INCREASED COOKING PERFORMANCE & VARIETY
As a chef you need the maximum space possible to get your tasks done. With Garland's restaurant ranges, you can benefit from the extra large oven which holds standard full size sheet pans in both directions. More versatility, better user experience. The oven features a fully-lined porcelain interior with a 38,000 BTU cast iron "H" burner that recovers quickly and retains heat for the best temperature management and consistent cooking performance. So whether you are baking, roasting, or something in between, the Garland ovens will provide a "Best In Class" usability for all your cooking demands.
4. ACCESSIBLE GRATES, BURNERS & CRUMB TRAYS = EASY MAINTENANCE
As anyone in the restaurant industry can relate, maintenance is a key factor in upholding the integrity of your kitchen equipment. Given the time restraints in a daily working environment, finding equipment that is simple and easy to maintain is paramount and will actually increase the likelihood that maintenance is being adhered to. With Garland's Restaurant Ranges there are a number of factors that simplify maintenance, including the easily-handled, removable split grates, the two-piece burners which are easily accessible and cleaned, pilot lights which are kept outside of the spill zone, therefore minimizing mess, and fully sealed crumb trays which are quick and simple to remove for emptying.
5. CUSTOM CONFIGURATION = GREATER MENU CREATIVITY
Whether it's a salamander broiler, a griddle, a raised griddle-broiler, or back guards, Garland manufacturers their ranges to fit your needs and the needs of those who've worked long and hard in this industry. By configuring your range with other equipment, your menu creativity and possibilities are endless, and you can efficiently maximize your workspace on the cook line.
Have questions? Please call us at 800-318-0690 Monday through Friday 8 AM to 6 PM Central Standard Time and we'd be more than happy to answer your questions!
Want to learn more about Garland? This blog details the five key principles of trust behind the Garland has created as a player in the foodservice industry.
The restaurant business is one that requires a great deal of trust; trust in your vision, trust in your kitchen equipment and supplies to work well, and ultimately, trust in the people you work with, like your equipment and supply dealer. Which is why it is a top priority for us at Mission Restaurant Supply to establish this trust with people like you and businesses like yours. We do this by nurturing relationships with the brands that we represent, forging lasting partnerships that allow us to stand behind our products and offer them to you with complete confidence in their construction and performance capabilities. One such brand that the Mission Team has spent a great deal of time working with is Hoshizaki. As one of the world's most revered leaders in commercial refrigeration equipment, Hoshizaki is a brand that we genuinely believe can help your business succeed. Here are a small handful of reasons why you should trust Mission as your dealer for your next Hoshizaki investment.
- For over 20 years, Mission and Hoshizaki have maintained a partnership that continues to flourish, resulting in more businesses that are getting their Hoshizaki right here at Mission.
- Did You Know? Mission Restaurant Supply is the largest distributor of Hoshizaki products in America with a wholesale distributorship in Houston, Texas? We are honored to have the unique opportunity to offer this brand to your business at competitive wholesale prices. Don't see the model you're looking for on our website? Call us at 800-319-0690 today and we will do what we can do get it ordered for you!
- Mission is an authorized service agent for Hoshizaki products. Our licensed service technicians in San Antonio, Austin, McAllen, Fort Worth and Corpus Christi are able to help within the allocated territory should you need maintenance. For those outside of our allocated territories, it should be of comfort to you that Mission is authorized for technical service work on all Hoshizaki. Our team knows the "ins & outs" of this equipment to minimize the headaches for you.
- When you find the Hoshizaki unit you're looking for we will ship it to you for free! That's right: Free Shipping on all Hoshizaki to a commercial address.
- Last but not least, when you are considering a Hoshizaki for your business, our sales team here at Mission Restaurant Supply will be able to help you find the best unit for your needs. Our team prides itself on being well-educated and informed on the latest additions to the line so we can help you get the perfect fit for your refrigeration specifications.
- Patented, Ducted Air Flow Design Permeates Throughout The Cabinet
- Stainless Steel Exterior Is Both Durable + Corrosion Resistant
- Shipped Pre-Installed with 4 Inch Casters for easy Roll-In Installation through Standard Door Openings
- Hoshi Reach In's Have Passed The Most Stringent Tests, Earning Ratings and Certifications Such As ANSI, Energy Star, NSF, UL, and ETL
- 3 Year Parts & Labor Warranty with 5 Years on the Compressor & Condenser
- 2-3/8 Inch Eco-Friendly Foam Insulation Throughout Both The Doors AND The Cabinet Ensures Temperatures Are Efficiently Maintained and Locked In
- ABS-Lined Interior Keeps Temperatures Inside Cool and Prevents Rusting, Denting, And Overall Wear & Tear.
- Ergonomic Doors Are Field Reversible!
- Industrial Shelves Adjustable in 1 Inch Increments For Storage Versatility
- Snap-In Gasket Easily Removed For Simple Cleaning
As all of you in the food service industry know, the dish room and its subsequent operation is paramount to the success and efficiency of your business. As such, having an adequate garbage disposal system is key. This is where Insinkerator comes in. This food waste management brand continues to be a customer favorite and an industry favorite for providing disposals that run continuously, grind wasted food efficiently, while providing considerable labor savings for your business. Why Buy A Commercial Garbage Disposal?
- Reduce Labor Cost
- Increase Efficiency
- Improve Sanitation
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-75
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-50
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-100
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-75
- Salad Prep Area: SS-50
- Pot Sink: SS-50
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-125
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-100
- Salad Prep Area: SS-75
- Pot Sink: SS-50
- Meat & Seafood Prep Area: SS-150
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-150
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-150
- Salad Prep Area: SS-75
- Pot Sink: SS-75
- Meat & Seafood Prep Area: SS-150
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-200
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-150
- Salad Prep Area: SS-75
- Pot Sink: S-75
- Meat & Seafood Prep Area: SS-300
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-300
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-150
- Salad Prep Area: SS-75
- Pot Sink: SS-75
- Meat & Seafood Prep Area: SS-300
- Soiled Dish Table: SS-500
- Vegetable Prep Area: SS-300
- Salad Prep Area: SS-150
- Pot Sink: SS-150
- Meat & Seafood Prep Area: SS-300
On the first fall morning, to the cold wind of a winter's day, to the last stretch of chilly spring evenings, Patio Heaters help keep a warm ambiance and atmosphere wherever and whenver you need it most. Whether you're hoping to extend the lifespan of your patio seating or you are entertaining outdoors most of the year, having a Patio Heater will ensure that everyone is comfortable. Industry-favorite, Crown Verity, manufacturers an assortment of Patio Heaters designed for a wide array of uses. They are known for building durable, efficient, and most importantly, safe heaters that can be used in a myriad of settings. The brand prides themselves on using quality materials, like 16 gauge aluminum and all 304 s/s fasteners in addition to a slew of a other features and benefits that help them stand apart. Here are a few of the key, defining features that have given Crown Verity its leading status in the industry:
- Biggest Reflectors On The Market: Crown Verity's oversized reflectors are made of a durable, 16 gauge aluminum that won't bend or break.
- Efficient: These patio heaters will consume 20-25% less propane than competitive models.
- Wide Selection: Once you've decided on Crown Verity for your investment, the next step is choosing between the many options they have available, including natural gas or propane, and what finish you desire, from antique bronze to silver vain, and stainless steel.
- Efficient Conical Burner Design: Every Crown Verity Patio Heater has a conical burner with a stainless steel burner head construction that is significantly more efficient than a vertical burner design.
- Quality Control: Every patio heater that leaves the Crown Verity facility has been pre-fired and tested before packaging to ensure that everything is working just properly. In addition, all heaters are 85% assembled when shipped, so with just a few simple steps, you can be on your way to immediate use!
- Ease of Use: Crown Verity makes all their heaters to be easy to operate. All ignitors are simple to light, and safe, most importantly.
- Safety: One of the key safety features of Crown Verity's Patio Heaters is the Anti-Tilt Switch, which shuts off burners and the subsequent flare-ups from fuel in the event that the heater tips.
- Mobility: Extra large casters and an oversized wheel base enhance the strength and the stability of these units while making them easy to move from Point A to Point B. For the rental service or catering company that goes from venue to venue, this is a crucial asset to Crown Verity!
- Large Tank Compartments: Crown Verity Tank Compartments can hold up to a 30 pound tank so you don't have to worry about changing out the fuel source as frequently as you would with competitive models.
- It Doesn't Heat The Air: That's right. This portable patio heater heats the object beneath it (whether it be you or a chair), not simply the air.
- Efficient: This unit is equipped with a highly efficient halogen lamp that will put off the most heat with the least amount of energy consumption.
- Weather Proof: Unlike many patio heaters on the market today, this Crown Verity unit is not impacted by the wine and it features a water proof casing to keep moisure out.
- Easy Mobility: The CV-EH-1500 Infrared Heater by Crown Verity measures just 17.5'' long and weighs just 5 pounds for easy transport and maneuverability wherever you may need it. It also has two adjustable rods on either end so you can position the heating element in whichever way you desire.
- Indoor or Outdoor Use: The Crown Verity Insta-Heat is one of the most popular heating options on the market today thanks to its extreme versatility. All you need is a 120 Volt outlet and you are in business!
- No UV Rays or Emissions: Enough said! This efficient heater uses simple, safe heat.
- Accessories: The Insta-Heat comes equipped with a 16 foot cord and a mounting bracket which is optional for use on a wall or with the (optional) stand. Other accessories include the remote control which allows you to turn the heat up or down from a distance.