- One of the most essential baking supplies for any commercial operation is a floor mixer. Although there are many types of commercial mixers on the market in various sizes, a serious baking operation should invest in a floor model, as you'll presumably be doing large batches of product eventually, even if your needs are being met by a smaller model now. An additional benefit to the size of a floor mixer is that they can accommodate 50 lb. bags of flour, cake mix, cookie mix or whatever ingredients you'll need. Invest in a quality mixer as you'll use it often and you need one that can last you for many years into the future! Shop Mixers!
- Another supply you'll likely get a great deal of use from is a set of commercial baking pans. These also come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and it's good to buy a large selection. There are certain specialty pans that you may never need, but be sure to stock up on the basics. The most essential pans for every baker are cake pans, muffin pans, pie pans and sheet pans. It's important that you have a good stock of all of these. If you can build up a large supply of pans, you can use them in rotating shifts to improve productivity. For instance, if you're preparing something that requires proofing, you can be proofing one batch of dough already laid out on pans while another batch is in the oven or cooling on your other set of pans. Or, you can set up multiple sets of pans before close one night to be baked in the morning, saving time. Shop Baking Pans!
- Of course, you're going to need something to move all of these pans around on, which is why several bun pan racks need to be on your list of baking supplies to buy! These tall racks are extremely handy and just might see more use than any other piece of equipment in your kitchen. You will use them to transport your pans from place to place in the kitchen, and they're great for proofing dough or storing baked goods as well. Make sure to buy covers for all of them too. This seems like a minor detail but they come in very handy for keeping your products free of debris while they're on the rack. Often, bakers will just use large plastic bags as covers. While this is fine in a pinch, it's a bad habit as it's wasteful and expensive in the long run. The pan covers are quite affordable, and many of them are insulated, which comes in very handy for controlling the temperature of your baked goods. Shop Bun Pan Racks!
- While you'll be able to proof some types of dough simply by putting them on a bun pan rack in a warm area, other types will require an actual heat source. For this, you should buy at least one heated cabinet. These can be bought with a solid or glass door, depending on your needs. They're quite versatile though, and can be used for many kitchen tasks. Besides proofing, you can use your heated cabinet for keeping baked goods warm while transporting to a bakery case in the front of your house. Shop Holding/Proofing Cabinets!
- In addition to all of these supplies, there are a variety of other smaller items you'll need. Many of these depend on your bakery in particular, but can include things like pastry cutters, pie markers, rolling pins, spatulas and sifters. If in doubt, buy as many of these types of common bakery items as you can. Some items you may not see a use for immediately, but you'll need them at some point, and it's better to have them on hand than to be rushing around at the last minute searching your local supermarket for an inferior residential version. Several good kitchen timers are also a great idea. Although some ovens have built-in timers, it's better to set two just in case one of them fails. Or, you can set one a bit earlier to remind yourself to check it. This is especially important when familiarizing yourself with new equipment, or attempting a new recipe where you may be unsure of the exact baking time necessary. Shop all other Baking Supplies!
All Guides for Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
Hunting season is almost here! Whether you're a seasoned hunter or a first-timer, processing your own deer is a project worth undertaking. Venison meat processing at home is a great way to save money and when you have the right supplies, it's easy. The first thing you'll need if you hope to process your own venison is a good set of hunting knives. You'll use these quite a bit when preparing meat, so it's smart to buy a high-quality set. One excellent choice is the "HS5600-4 Hunter's Knife Set" made by the respected manufacturer, Mundial Knives. This set includes three different high-carbon stainless steel knives; 3.25-inch camping knife, a 6-inch curved boning knife, and an 8-inch steak knife. It also includes a matching 10-inch sharpening stone, which is a must for keeping your knives in the best shape possible. This is a well-made and very versatile set, and works great for cleaning other meats, as well as fish. Another item you'll want for venison meat processing is a meat tenderizer. A multi-blade handheld meat tenderizer is perfect for venison steaks, and can reduce cooking time drastically. If you want to prepare perfect, tender cuts of meat, it's a good item to have on hand. The Jaccard Super-3 is an excellent and affordable choice. It features 48 surgical stainless steel blades, stainless steel actuating columns and it's dishwasher safe! One of the most essential items for venison meat processing is a quality meat grinder. These are necessary for making ground venison for burgers, chili, burritos and many other dishes. A meat grinder will also be exceptionally handy for making chopped steak. There are several different types of grinders available, as well as general food processors with meat cutting and grinding attachments. One of the most basic, but sturdy grinders on the market is the Jayhawk Sales 22. This is a manual tabletop grinder, and manages to be both affordable as well as extremely durable. It's ideal if you plan to do a limited amount of meat grinding, as its capacity is limited compared to electric models. It will, however, provide years of trouble-free service. If you plan to take on a larger quantity of meat processing, you should consider stepping up to an electric model. Compared to a manual model, a commercial-grade electric grinder will process much faster with less effort from the operator. One of the best values in commercial electric meat grinders is the Vollrath 40743 model. It has a 100v motor, two grinder plates, a number 12 hub and is capable of processing 220 pounds of meat per hour! In addition, the Vollrath includes a stainless steel pan and other accessories such as a stuffer and funnel. It's a reliable model that can handle the rigors of commercial production, but is affordable enough for residential purchase. Another option for meat cutting and grinding is to buy a commercial food processor that is capable of heavy-duty meat processing. The Univex PM91 is a strong contender in this field in terms of quality and value. While it costs more than the Vollrath processor, it's also much more versatile due to its design and different attachments. The Univex PM91 uses a 1inch wide Poly-V belt system driven by a 1 HP motor, and is high-powered enough to process an incredible amount of food very quickly. The benefit of this model over a regular meat grinder is that by using different attachments, it can also slice vegetables, shred cheese, and cut meats in various ways beyond simple grinding. Because it's a heavy-duty commercial model, it can do all of this at a speed far beyond any consumer-grade processor. It's also extremely sturdy, built from heavy-duty stainless steel. If you really want to take your food production to the next level, it's hard to beat the PM91. Finally, don't forget about storing all of this meat! Other important purchases you should consider are a vacuum packaging machine, and if you don't already have one, a large chest freezer. For vacuum packaging, consider another great Vollrath product, the Vollrath 40858 Vacuum Packaging Machine. It's efficient and durable, and can extend the storage life of your food considerably. For a freezer, make sure you buy one that is large enough to handle a great volume of meat. The Arctic Air CF20 is a good choice in this area, constructed of steel and offering 20 cubic feet of storage. It also features heavy-duty casters that make it easy to move, and uses environmentally friendly 134A refrigerant.
In the world of restaurants and dining out, the key to keeping a full house each and every day is consistency and satisfaction. Creating a well balanced menu with consistent results is obviously a very important factor, but other things like ambiance and clean bathrooms are equally as important as well. According to QSR, "Results of a recent study conducted by Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ:CTAS) reveal that 95 percent of people avoid businesses where they have had a negative restroom experience." That's NINETY FIVE PERCENT! Clearly, this is an issue not to be overlooked. Chefs and restaurateurs need to create that "Wow" factor to keep their customers loyal. Walking into a dirty bathroom that isn't properly maintained is an instant turn off and worst yet, it can deter even your biggest fans from coming back. At MissionRS.com we have a full selection of janitorial/bathroom products for you to choose from. From air sanitizers, to trash bins, from paper towels to toilet paper, we have everything you need to properly outfit your restaurant's bathrooms. Here are a few tips for keeping it clean.
- Ensure your facility has adequate soap so that you don't run out during peak hours. Dirty hands with both you customers and your employees are a major No no.
- Keep a trash bin both near the sink and next to the door. Many times, people use their paper towel to open the door before throwing it away.
- Stock up on plenty of toilet paper and paper towels.
- Make sure one of your employees is manning the restaurant bathrooms every so often. Making sure the sink is wiped down, toilets are flushed, and supplies are stocked will make a difference in the mind of your customer.
- Aside from the occasional spot clean, restaurant managers need to integrate exceptional standards of cleanliness through the use of professional cleaners. They should come regularly to uphold the deepest standards of cleanliness and ensure that floors, toilets, and sinks are 100% sanitary.
- Lighting is as important to the inside of a restaurant as it is the bathroom. Create an ambiance that is well thought out in all areas of your facility.
Halloween is just around the corner, but it's not too late to get some last minute necessities! We've created a page on MissionRS.com that's dedicated solely to all the Halloween products available to you! Check it out here! Scoop up these must-have items and may this October be a spook-tacular month!
- Our reversible cookie cutters feature 8 shapes, 4 Harvest-inspired shapes on one side, and 4 Halloween shapes on the other, so you can bake up delicious, festive cookies straight through Fall! This cookie cutter combo is easy to wash, easy to use, and delivers great results every time. Use your favorite cookie recipe and please your guests this Halloween! Get it here!
- If you really want to spice things up this year, get one of our custom Halloween-print tablecloths. Our tablecloths are a customer favorite at MissionRS.com and this seasonal print is perfect for all Halloween enthusiasts. Whether you're hosting a party, or just celebrating with close family and friends, our Halloween tablecloths will set the tone perfectly. Order these quick- our custom tablecloths normally take 8 business days to ship out! Get your holiday-patterned tablecloths here!
- The holiday season, beginning with Halloween, would not be complete without a little baking here and there. Our Cookie Press & Decorating Set comes with 14 different shaped discs (from pumpkins to holiday wreaths to butterflies), 6 decorating tips and recipes, and it comes neatly packaged in its own storage box. This cookie press comes apart for an easy clean up, and best yet, it is dishwasher safe! Kids and adults alike will love this easy-to-use cookie press set and the results won't fail to please! Get it here!
- One of our newest items here at MissionRS.com, this 3-D Pumpkin Bundt Set is a charming must-have for the Fall Season! Get yours in time for Halloween, and make your own pumpkin cake with little to no hassle! The set comes with two 6-cup Bundt pans to create a 3-D pumpkin cake. Simply bake the two bunt pans, spread frosting on the bottom of each cake, and place the frosted cakes together to form a pumpkin! Made by Nordic Ware, a leader in innovative and quality baking supplies, this Pumpkin Cake will be a mainstay for your entertaining needs this Fall season! Get it here!
- What better way to showcase delicious autumn breads and cakes than with this Pumpkin Harvest Loaf Pan? The non-stick, cast aluminum pan has intricate detailing with vines of pumpkins, and a durable exterior that will stand the test of time. Get baking this Fall with this great product, available for a limited time only. Get it here!
- THIS JUST IN: A 4 piece Halloween cookie cutter set by Fox Run that's loaded with your favorite spooky shapes, from Bats to Cats, Pumpkins to Ghosts. These plastic cookie cutters come packed together, and best yet, they are only $1.95 for the set! Get yours here!
Have a very Happy Halloween!
MissionRS.com we stock a large number of can openers ranging in size, price, and function to suit your every need. Commercial Can Openers Commercial Kitchens require equipment and supplies that can withstand the rigors of heavy usage on a day to day basis. Our commercial can openers do just that and they are able to open volumes of industrial-sized cans with ease and optimal efficiency. We have electric can openers that can open anywhere from 50 to 100 cans a day, and table or wall-mount varieties suitable for different sized cans. Made of a durable, heavy-duty stainless steel construction and outfitted with many different features, including rust resistant arbors, knife replacements, removable and reversible blade assemblies, and NSF approvals, these can openers are built to perform. The majority of our commercial can openers are made in Burlington, Vermont by Edlund, a company that has invested its reputation in making easy to use, easy to clean can openers for the foodservice industry. A customer favorite for commercial use is the Edlund-1 Model. A comparable model to the Edlund table-mounted can openers is this Table-Mount variety by MissionRS Mfg. Lots of different options are available to you with great price points to match. Residential Can Openers: Almost every residential kitchen has the need for a can opener, but the size necessary for day-in-day-out use isn't as demanding as a commercial application. At MissionRS.com we have a big selection of functional home can openers, from the steel, can punch varieties to the fancier OXO Easy Grip and the all-in-one corkscrew and can-bottle opener model. All of our residential options are affordable, easy to use, and they perform efficiently for light home use.
- Beer. Bar refrigeration is often set at a standard temperature for all beers: close to freezing or at least frosting. Though some beers might be better served warmer (at 45F or higher) so as to bring out all the flavors, most people will agree that beer is best when its lightly frosted.
- Wine. The rule of thumb to keep red wines at room temperature and whites in a refrigerator was developed centuries ago, when "room temperature" meant in a drafty, medieval hall. When a wine is served too cold it restricts the flavors of the wine, while warmth just makes it taste like alcohol. For bar refrigeration standards, reds should generally be served at 60F, whites just a tad cooler at 55F.
- Water. Backpackers returning from Europe will often complain about the lack of ice cubes throughout the continent. Water is served not hot but warm over there, and Americans like their drinks frigid. Nutritionists say drinking at a natural temperature is best for your body, and only glacier water occurs as naturally cold as Americans prefer. To promote proper absorption and to keep the taste buds from numbing, water, like white wine, should be served at a cool (not cold!) 55F.
Shop all Bar Refrigeration at MissionRS.com!
Call us at 1-800-319-0690 or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you very quickly!
Lastly, consider the power of your food slicer's motor. There are a variety of motors that you'll find in commercial slicers, and you need to choose a model with enough power for your needs. The motor's power will affect the speed of its operation, as well as the slicer's longevity and reliability. You want to buy a slicer with a large enough motor so that it's not straining to keep up day after day. After all, this extra stress could lead to a breakdown after extended periods of use. We have a BIG selection of commercial food slicers available on MissionRS.com, some of which qualify for FREE SHIPPING! Visit our selection today and thank you for choosing Mission Restaurant Supply!
FREE SHIPPING on any Hobart you order through MissionRS.com! Shop today!
The Hobart Vision"Our vision is to lead the foodservice and retail equipment industry through technical innovation, operational excellence, superior customer service and unsurpassed value."
- Innovation and enterprising initiatives...
- Customer satisfaction...
- Teamwork and accountability...
- Ethical behavior...
Every restaurant needs a wide variety of supplies in order to operate. If you manage or own an eating establishment, you're probably not only concerned with getting the supplies you need, but you want to get them at a great price as well. If you're saavy though, you can procure all the supplies you need while still trimming your budget. In today's trying economy, cutting costs can help you not only stay afloat, but even surpass your competition. If you're buying supplies for a restaurant, there are a few things you can do to keep your costs low.When buying restaurant supplies, it's important that you're willing to think outside the box if you want to trim your budget. Of course, there is a fine line between cutting costs and cutting quality, and you don't want to compromise your staff's efficiency or your customers' experience by skimping on supplies. This is an area where Internet commerce has helped restaurateurs immensely. Thanks to the growth of online suppliers, it's now possible to buy the same supplies you've been getting from your local supplier at a fraction of the cost. If you think buying online means sacrificing service, think again! Often, you can get even better service from an online supplier with features such as instant online chat with a friendly service representative. At MissionRS.com, we are available through chat, by phone, or via email!! If you're hoping to purchase restaurant supplies while saving money, there is another area you might not have considered. If you're a fast food/faster-service establishment, or serve large portions, you likely use a high volume of disposables. In many cases, the types of disposables you use can be optimized to allow for a significant savings in the long run. Assess the types of food that your customers are buying for takeaway. Many restaurants have fallen into the habit of over-packaging their takeaway order, and many could save money by simply making this packaging more efficient. Finally, when buying supplies for a restaurant, make sure you buy high-quality items. While it seems counter-intuitive to spend more money hoping to lower costs, it really does work out to greater savings in the long run if you focus on buying quality supplies that will last. The reason for this is that replacing equipment and supplies, even low-cost ones, can quickly cause your spending to get out of control. Buy supplies and equipment that are built to last, and you'll see your expenditures drop in the long term.
mixer attachments, they can grind, chop, slice, and more. Ultimately you want to make sure you make the right decision long term and that the unit you choose will help make your business's daily operation a success. At Mission Restaurant Supply, we have a selection of quality floor, countertop, and hand mixers. Deciding what the best choice is, given all the options, is often a daunting and overwhelming process. Cost for most everyone is one of the most important factors. Oftentimes, spending that extra dollar on a top-notch piece of equipment will pay off in the long haul because it means you're committed to quality and better warranty terms and service options. However, we understand that price is an important factor for everyone, and that's why we carry great lines at all different price points and for all different applications. Making careful calculation of the pros and cons when deciding on a new commercial-grade piece of equipment is paramount to the future success of your operation. Let us help you find what you need for your business.
ManufacturerA good place to start when choosing a piece of commercial equipment, in this case a food mixer, is the manufacturer. Every manufacturer has its own, distinctive features, and knowing what these are might sway your decision favorably. Furthermore, having trust in the history and performance behind the brand can help instill confidence in your decision. Here are some of the top mixer manufacturers available here at MissionRS.com: Hobart: Hobart is the grandfather of commercial mixers. In fact, the brand actually came up with the idea of a mixer in 1908 and they have been developing ever since. Here's an excerpt straight from their site: " In 1908 a Hobart engineer named Herbert Johnson was watching a baker mix bread dough with a metal spoon. Instinctively he knew this simple mechanical action could be performed more efficiently and consistently by a machine driven by a motor. By 1915, the Hobart 80-quart mixer had replaced the metal spoon in bakeries across the country. A century after Herbert Johnson invented it, the Hobart mixer is the most popular and trusted brand in the foodservice and food retail industry." Univex: Since 1948, Univex has been manufacturing commercial mixers with a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Here are some words from the company: "All Univex mixers feature our unique hybrid drive system that lets you choose from four standard operating speeds or any speed in between...even while the mixer is running. They also come standard with a durable stainless-steel bowl that won't rust out or lose its finish, a #12 attachment hub for adding food-processing attachments, and an ingredient chute for easily adding ingredients to the bowl while the mixer is running." Waring: For the past 75 years, Waring has made a name in the industry for manufacturing quality immersion blenders, complete with s/s removable shafts and comfortable, ergonomic handles that can "power through any task." Waring has distinguished itself from other manufacturers by having both commercial and consumer-driven lines. Robot Coupe: For the past 30 years, this Jackson, Mississippi company has become a standard in the foodservice industry, and they proudly state that they are "the inventor and world leader of food processors" on their website. Robot Coupe's heavy-duty immersion blenders, found on MissionRS.com, not only allow for a number of tasks from mixing, blending, emulsifying, and pureeing, but the removable s/s knife and mixer blade assemblies make cleanliness and sanitation a key priority and positive attribute. You know you're buying quality from a trusted, American manufacturer when you purchase a Robot Coupe.
SizeThe next factor to take into consideration is the type and size of mixer that'll best suit your needs. If you're operating a bakery, a pizzeria, or a restaurant where large volumes of dough, sauces, and more are needed constantly and in large volume, buying a large, heavy-duty, floor mixer is probably the best option for you. Conversely, if you are cranking out minimal volume of the aforementioned things or if you don't have the need for a mixer every day, a countertop or stick mixer might be the better option. Floor Mixers are probably the most popular type of mixer in a commercial setting due to their high powered nature and the large quart capacities they're able to undertake. Floor mixers have the power to mix a large amount of product in a very short amount of time, thus cutting labor costs and making food prep easier on a daily basis. Depending on your establishment and how much you are going to be preparing, a floor mixer might be the best investment for you. Our floor mixers range from 20 qt to 60 qt holding capacities. These model types are ideal for cafeterias, caterers, restaurants, bakeries, and much more. Avoid the hassle of machinery breaking down and not doing its job efficiently day after day by purchasing a unit you know you can trust and that you are sure can handle the volume of food production your business requires. Shop Floor Mixers Here! Countertop Mixers are a great choice for a vast array of uses and businesses, from small bakeries and coffee shops to smaller restaurant kitchens. Our countertop mixers available at Mission Restaurant Supply come in 7 qt, 10 qt, and 20 qt capacities and they feature gear-driven motors with heavy-duty exterior construction. Countertop mixers maximize space by being off the floor and on the tabletop. These models normally come outfitted with a spatula, a wire whisk, and a dough hook attachment with the stainless steel bowl, and some include a feed chute as well as a splash guard. Though much smaller than the robust floor mixers, our countertop mixers are all commercial-grade and they are built to handle the rigors of a commercial kitchen. However, these countertop models are also popular among our serious home chefs who constantly seek out quality and commercial-grade products for their home kitchens. Shop Countertop Mixers Here! Hand Mixers Just like the grandiose floor mixers or the smaller, yet still robust countertop units, Hand mixers (otherwise known as stick mixers or immersion blenders) are a tool for food prep that mixes large quantities of soups, stew, sauces, and more. It differs from the floor and countertop varieties because it is a hand held device that has a built in motor, a long shaft, and a blade that is able to mix, chop, and emulsify at a high speed. One of the most important things to ensure when buying a hand mixer is that the size of the mixer will meet the size of the task at hand. The shaft should be long enough to mix thoroughly through the deepest part of your pot, and our range of shaft sizes from 7 inches to 29 inches, allows you to pick freely. Furthermore, ensure that you pick the right power motor for your daily operation. If you will be blending heavy duty sauces, stews, and more, make sure you get a mixer with an adequate wattage so that the motor doesn't quit or overheat. The larger the job, the larger the motor you'll need and vice versa. Many of our models have a removable whisk assembly so that you can have that added feature if applicable to your needs. Also pay attention to whether or not the unit is single speed or if it has a variable speed feature. Variable speed is a major bonus that allows for greater mixing results. Contact our staff of friendly customer service agents today for guidance on which hand mixer is the right choice for you. Shop Hand Mixers Here!
CostAt the end of the day, price is a factor that everyone considers before making a sale. Our mixers cover all different price points, and now it's easier to understand why. Our most expensive mixers are extremely heavy-duty, and they are built to handle all the rigors and the consistent, daily usage of a booming commercial kitchen. Our least expensive are your basic stick mixers that could be used both in the back of the house and in your own home. Doing the research is often the hardest part when investing in commercial restaurant equipment, but we are here to help break down the details for you. Remember that investing in a quality manufacturer you can trust is important, and remember to think about the future of your establishment and to take into account potential growth that could increase the demands of your mixer down the road. Price is important as well and make sure you look at all your options before jumping into an investment- there could be an alternate, less expensive option that meets the demands of your business to a tee. Visit us online at Missionrs.com to find the right unit for you or call us today at 1-800-319-0690 and let us help you!