All Guides for Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
What if your charbroiler could make all your customer's favorite menu items, like your famous steaks, burgers, fajitas and more, with virtually no flare-ups and more product yield? Well now it can thanks to Vulcan's newest line of VTEC Charbroilers which features a patented IRX® infrared burner technology that maximizes production, creates a more energy efficient cooking solution, and all while achieving that great charbroiled taste your customers love. Here are the Top 5 distinguishing factors that set the VTEC Series by Vulcan apart from other charbroilers in the industry: 1. Independent Burners Create More Even Heat: Each burner section features high range, precision-driven gas controls that distribute the most even heat on the market. 2. High Efficiency Infrared Burner System: The IRX® patented burner system uses infrared, radiant heat that uses more then 50% less gas than traditional radiant convective charbroilers! That's 90,000 BTUs per square inch versus 200 BTUs per square inch. 3. Unparalleled Temperature Control: With the VTEC Series, you can experience a range of temperatures on the same charbroiler with each burner capable of holding its own temperature without transferring from one to the next.(You can even get + or - 20° F from corner to corner- no other piece of equipment in the industry will do this!) 4. No More Nasty Clean Ups: The unique VTEC infrared burner system utilizes a solid carbon steel emitter panel that rests above the burner and underneath a stainless steel grate, eliminating the chance of flare ups by blocking the food from the flames. Any grease or debris that attempts to fall down into the hard to reach burner area is blocked by this solid emitter plate made of carbon steel and is instantly vaporized or turned to ash due to the extreme temperatures. This makes clean up a breeze! Simple take a feather brush and whisk away the ash off the emitter plate and into the crumb tray- no more grimy, nasty clean ups! 5. No More Flare Ups + More Product Yield: The VTEC patented stainless steel grate design combined with the carbon steel emitter panel is designed to eliminate flare ups by keeping grease away from any open flames and reducing the use of convective heat which not only worsens the flare ups but tends to dry out food's natural moisture. The VTEC can save up to 30% of your food product's natural moisture thanks in large part to the absence of this convective air. The VTEC Charbroilers are available at Mission Restaurant Supply in 14'', 25'', 36'', 48'' and 60'' widths with varying burners. Invest today and get Free Shipping to your business!
Hoshizaki has long been known as the industry's leading ice machine company. However in recent years, the brand has been making a big push to expand into a broader product offering with refrigerated equipment. With Hoshizaki's careful, systematic and meticulous growth, they
have managed to create a line of worktop refrigerators, undercounter refrigerators, reach-in refrigeration and more that can rival any in the industry.
Hoshizaki Reach-Ins are not only consciously built considering the environment, but they can help make your operation a profitable one through their innovative designs and state-of-the-art technology. Here are the Top 10 Reasons we think you can profit from investing in a Hoshizaki Reach-In for your business:
1. ECO-FRIENDLY: The entire Commercial Series Line by Hoshizaki is ENERGY STAR® qualified!
2. WARRANTY: Hoshizaki has the best warranty in the industry with 3 year parts and labor + 5 year parts on compressor!
3. QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Hoshizaki Reach-Ins are made with quality stainless steel exteriors. For the professional series, reach-ins feature a total stainless steel interior. For the commercial series, reach-ins have a strong, seamless ABS liner that is easy to clean while resisting scratches and dents. These quality materials equate to a longer product life with increased durability.
4. AIR FLOW: Hoshizaki is engineered with a design of ducts and louvers creating a dynamic air flow which moves air from top to bottom and through every shelf, ensuring uniform cabinet temperatures throughout.
5. INSULATION: The cabinet and door insulation is 2-3/8 inch thick as opposed to the 2 inch thick insulation found in many similar models. This further ensures that temperatures are going to hold. All of Hoshizaki's Reach-In Insulation is made of CFC Free, Foamed in Place Polyurethane, adding to its eco-friendliness.
6. TXV VALVE: Hoshizaki reach-ins have a refrigeration system equipped with a TXV Expansion Valve that controls the amount of refrigerant in proportion to the heat load. The result? Quick, efficient responses to temperature change.
7. INSTALLATION: Thanks to Hoshizaki's 4'' factory-mounted casters and newly lowered heights (under 80''), you can now roll in and install your refrigeration with ease while fitting it through standard door heights.
8. FIELD REVERSIBLE DOORS: Hoshizaki is the only manufacturer in the industry to have field reversible doors!
9. CERTIFICATIONS: Hoshizaki is ISO certified in addition to being an Energy Star Partner. Plus, Hoshizaki Reach-Ins have ANSI, NSF, UL and ETL listings.
10. FREE SHIPPING: Enjoy Free Shipping & Free Liftgate to your commercial address when you purchase a Hoshizaki Reach-In at Mission Restaurant Supply!
Alto-Shaam has been the undisputed industry leader in advanced Cook & Hold Oven technology for over 50 years and that title continues to reign true today. Though the initial up front cost for one of the Alto-Shaam Cook & Hold Ovens seems like a particularly high number, the advantage in purchasing is the unique ROI that you'll experience over the years. There are several things that contribute to this return and this guide is here to share them with you.
Halo Heat® is Alto-Shaam's unique gentle heat technology that retains your food product's natural moisture so that it is juicy and tender, not dried and lacking in flavor. In fact, the low temperatures used to cook steak, poultry and other meat activates the natural enzymes in the food, causing it to tenderize as it cooks and holds within the oven cavity. Best yet, the meat continues to tenderize as time goes by without any signs of drying or loss in moisture. Here are some other great features:
- Cook and hold a full load of food for less than $1 of electricity!
- No ventilation is required saving you thousands of dollars in hood costs.
- The lack of added humidity, air movement, or fans lets gentle heat effectively cook resulting in approximately 18%-20% less shrinkage of meats and other food products! This significant savings allows you to get more servings (and profits) each day!
- Significant labor savings thanks to "set-it-and-forget-it" controls that allow your kitchen staff to simply set the cook temperature and the hold temperature and focus on other tasks.
- The low temperature Cook & Hold Ovens by Alto-Shaam aren't just for Prime Rib anymore. You can bake, proof bread dough, brown/caramelize, reheat food and more with one piece of equipment.
These features all showcase why Alto-Shaam's Cook and Hold is "The Oven That Revolutionized The Foodservice Industry." Check out the large selection of Alto-Shaam products available online at Mission Restaurant Supply! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-319-0690 or send us an email at email@example.com
- Cook and hold a full load of food for less than $1 of electricity!
Induction Cooking has become a mainstream, modern technique for heating and cooking food both in the commercial industry and in residential kitchens. Its popularity continues to grow as more and more people catch on to the benefits and more companies come out with new, advanced induction cooktops.
What Is Induction Cooking?
Induction refers to the use of an electromagnet to produce a current and a magnetic field to heat and cook the food in your pot or pan. This electromagnetic energy is essentially transferred to the molecules in your induction-ready cookware which creates heat. Each hob or "burner" is equipped with a ferromagnetic coil which creates a magnetic field when an electric current runs within. When your induction ready cookware is placed upon the hob, this magnetic field transfers to the magnetic clad base of the pan and generates heat. There are a lot of advantages to using a quality induction cook top and our goal is to explain some of them to you.Advantages to Induction Cooking:
- Induction Cooktops can get to high temperatures in seconds (great for quickly boiling a pot of water!) while losing very little heat in the process. This efficient use of energy is a desirable feature to many who look for more eco-friendly alternatives to energy consumption when cooking.
- Induction Cooktops give off very little heat to the surrounding air as opposed to gas ranges which can quickly heat up a kitchen with long cook times. This ability to stay cool is a desirable feature for both commercial and residential users. This quality is one of the interesting things about Induction Cooking given there is actually no heat transfer between the cooktop and the pot/pan. This is because when the magnetic field is induced into the pot or pan, it causes the molecules in the pan to excite, which then gives off heat. Therefore it is the pan and not the cooktop that generates heat.
- Induction Cooktops exhibit a great trio of features: Evenness, Consistency and Precision.
- They are easy to clean! In comparison to a heavy-duty gas range, Induction cook tops are easy to clean thanks to their flat surface which can be wiped down and properly sanitized after cooling down at every use.
- They are easy to control. Temperatures on an Induction cooker can be easily adjusted.
Who Can Use Them?
- Caterers or any Business that needs a Commercial Cooking Station- very easy to pack up and transport for on site cooking
- Restaurants (Units like the Express Mobile Cooking Cart by Lakeside are great for high end restaurants that do a tableside dessert dish)
- Hotels & Hospitality Industry
- The Residential Community
- The list goes on...
What Makes Induction Ready Cookware Different?
At Mission Restaurant Supply we have a big selection of induction ready cookware sold both individually and in setsthat will work beautifully on your new Induction Cooker. Induction-Ready Cookware is different from regular cookware because of a magnetic layer that's integrated in the base clad which can absorb the electromagnetic energy and efficiently transfer it to heat the food. Normal Cast Iron and Stainless Steel can also work on an induction range.
Explore the opportunities for Induction on Mission Restaurant Supply! If you can't find what you need give us a call so we can help you.
In previous articles we've discussed the unique science behind cooking, the process of taking heated energy and transferring it to the food source, changing it in such a way that we can manipulate flavors, textures, and the overall outcome. This heated energy transfer can take place in three major ways: Convection, Conduction,and lastly, Radiation, which we'll talk about here. Radiated heat, which uses electromagnetic energy waves to cook food, is one of the most popular and prevalent heat methods in our day. The two distinguishing types of radiant heat are Infrared and Microwave which we explain in detail below. Infrared The first type of radiant heat energy is Infrared, which is used in many different types of equipment from salamanders, to charbroilers and toasters, all of which are equipped with either a glass, metal or ceramic heating element. When heat hits this plated heating element, it is absorbed and emitted or "radiated" as a high temperature infrared wave that will brown and cook foods to a crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside result. Pros? High temperature Infrared cooking delivers heat energy to the food faster than a typical convection process and is ideal for browning, searing and other high temperature tasks. Microwave Much like the Infrared heat model, a microwave oven also uses radiated energy to heat food quickly. However, there are a few key differences between the two. One main difference is that the energy in a Microwave is in the form of micro-waves (go figure), a type of electromagetic energy, which is used to cook food from the inside out, as opposed to infrared waves which cook from the outside in.
Convection Cooking is a technique that's been a mainstay in the industry since its inception for its ability to significantly reduce cook times while delivering great results for a wide range of foods and cooking functions. With a high quality, commercial convection oven, you truly get the most out of each cooking cycle plus you get the versatility of being able to cook, retherm, bake, roast and more.Perks of Convection Ovens1. Evenly cooks everything from vegetables to red meat 2. No Hot/Cold Spots thanks to mounted fans and maximum circulation 3. Increased Food Production- food cooks up to 25% faster! 4. Added Energy Savings due to approximately 30% reduction in temperature 5. Will deliver the crisp exteriors and juicy interiors your customers love Which Convection Oven Do I Need? We have all different types of convection ovens on MissionRS.com from Floor Models to Countertop Models, single deck or double deck, and the list goes on. Choosing which you need will be a factor of the amount of foods you'll be cooking on a regular basis along with the space available to you. Countertop or Floor? Both daily volume and space restrictions will help decipher whether you need a countertop or floor model convection oven. Keep in mind that our Countertop selection is all Electric while our Floor models can be either Gas or Electric. The Countertop models are also easier to install thanks to their ventless construction. Standard or Deep Depth? Standard Depth Convection Ovens have a 24'' depth whereas the Deep Depth (often called "Baker's Depth") ovens have a 28'' depth measurment. The primary difference is that the Deep Depth allows the baking pan to be loaded in either direction which is a great tool for the baker or institution that needs to fit as many pans as possible per cook cycle. Browse our full selection of Commercial Convection Ovens on MissionRS.com and save on great prices and Free Shipping on select models!
Immersion Blenders or Hand Mixers, simple handheld tools with built-in motors that can do it all in the kitchen from blending, whipping, emulsifying and pureeing. With all that these units are able to do there's no wonder that they are beloved in both the commercial and retail/residential kitchens alike: Why Buy An Immersion Blender? 1. Size/ Configuration Immersion blenders are compact in size (also lightweight) featuring ergonomic handles with different sized shafts and capacities to accomodate your specific blending need. We also have a few combination immersion blenders online which feature a stainless shaft and a whisk attachment. Check out our selection of Immersion Blenders online and start doing more with your commercial kitchen equipment!!
Each recurring Fall Season, the back to school rush settles in. Thousands of young, hopeful, and talented foodies flock to culinary schools around the country to learn the craft and trade of becoming a trained chef. It's a great opportunity to learn from professionals while honing your own skill and unique approach to the world of cooking. With a culinary degree, you have the faculty, the facilities, and the room for growth that will allow you to reach your full potential. Like anything, doing well and succeeding at culinary school means working your hardest and learning along the way. The restaurant/ foodservice industry is a tough one, but the rewards, the relationships and the experience pays off in the end, and we happen to think it's the best place to be out there. In our mind, being in the foodservice industry means having stellar service skills, being personal, a leader, and always in tune to what will make the customer most satisfied.In the past few years, Mission Restaurant Supply has been giving back to the culinary student community, granting the MissionRS Scholarship Fund to one student every year seeking a Culinary Arts degree at St. Philips College in downtown San Antonio (the pictures below show two of the students who've been granted our scholarship in the past!) We are so proud of our students and of all of you who are interested in pursuing a culinary education. The time is yours!
Our merchandising guru has been working fervently adding some exciting new product lines to the website! The latest wave of products comes from Vulcan Food Equipment Group, an umbrella company that includes Berkel Equipment, Wolf, and Vulcan Heart. Within these three product lines you will find a large range of commercial equipment, all available to you with Free Shipping when you shop at MissionRS.com! Vulcan For over 130 years, Vulcan has been an industry leader of commercial restaurant equipment. Find everything from heavy duty Tilting Kettles to Restaurant Ranges, Salamander Broilers, Hot Plates, Fryers, Convection Ovens and Steamers in the Vulcan Product Line. The Vulcan history traces back to 1865 when the company manufactured cooking stoves and other products. Today they have grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of commercial cooking equipment with its corporate warehouse located in Covington, Kentucky. Shop Vulcan. Berkel In 1898 W.A. Van Berkel, a butcher from the Netherlands, discovered a new and more efficient way of slicing meat, and there was born the world's first meat slicer. The company today has a USA headquarters in Troy, Ohio and the product line still is heavily based on Slicers, but it also contains Food Processors and Vacuum Packaging Machines. Shop Berkel. Wolf Highly reputable in the industry, the Wolf brand has come to represent dependable equipment with exceptional customer service. With over 70 years in the industry, Wolf has proved to be a mainstay in the business by manufacuturing products that you, the customer, can trust and rely on when you need them most. Wolf Equipment includes Restaurant Ranges, Salamander Broilers, heavy duty manual Griddles and Charbroilers. Shop Wolf.
One of the hottest, recently uploaded items on MissionRS.com is The Silver Saver, an innovative new product that rescues dumped flatware from your trash cans. The unit is essentially a long and skinny magnetic metal probe that attracts lost silverware when inserted into your trash can. It's advised that the Silver Saver be used every two hours by your kitchen staff or whenever the water in your dishmachine is changed. You can watch the unit in action below and make sure to visit the product page here for more information and product reviews! If you're looking for proof that this product really will save business owners like you a significant amount of money, use this handy Savings Calculator, courtesy of the Restaurant Remedy Group's website. (To physically use the calculator, visit their website!) Please note that there are 2 different versions of the Silver Saver, the Ultra and the Elite. The Elite is a replica of the Ultra except it comes equipped with a trigger that releases the collected flatware from the probe, leaving your hands mess free! This would be a great addition to ANY commercial kitchen, business, school setting, or place where flatware is in high demand.