Induction Cooking has become a mainstream, modern technique for heating and cooking food both in the commercial industry and in residential kitchens. Its popularity continues to grow as more and more people catch on to the benefits and more companies come out with new, advanced induction cooktops.
What Is Induction Cooking?
Induction refers to the use of an electromagnet to produce a current and a magnetic field to heat and cook the food in your pot or pan. This electromagnetic energy is essentially transferred to the molecules in your induction-ready cookware which creates heat. Each hob or "burner" is equipped with a ferromagnetic coil which creates a magnetic field when an electric current runs within. When your induction ready cookware is placed upon the hob, this magnetic field transfers to the magnetic clad base of the pan and generates heat. There are a lot of advantages to using a quality induction cook top and our goal is to explain some of them to you.Advantages to Induction Cooking:
- Induction Cooktops can get to high temperatures in seconds (great for quickly boiling a pot of water!) while losing very little heat in the process. This efficient use of energy is a desirable feature to many who look for more eco-friendly alternatives to energy consumption when cooking.
- Induction Cooktops give off very little heat to the surrounding air as opposed to gas ranges which can quickly heat up a kitchen with long cook times. This ability to stay cool is a desirable feature for both commercial and residential users. This quality is one of the interesting things about Induction Cooking given there is actually no heat transfer between the cooktop and the pot/pan. This is because when the magnetic field is induced into the pot or pan, it causes the molecules in the pan to excite, which then gives off heat. Therefore it is the pan and not the cooktop that generates heat.
- Induction Cooktops exhibit a great trio of features: Evenness, Consistency and Precision.
- They are easy to clean! In comparison to a heavy-duty gas range, Induction cook tops are easy to clean thanks to their flat surface which can be wiped down and properly sanitized after cooling down at every use.
- They are easy to control. Temperatures on an Induction cooker can be easily adjusted.
Who Can Use Them?
- Caterers or any Business that needs a Commercial Cooking Station- very easy to pack up and transport for on site cooking
- Restaurants (Units like the Express Mobile Cooking Cart by Lakeside are great for high end restaurants that do a tableside dessert dish)
- Hotels & Hospitality Industry
- The Residential Community
- The list goes on...
What Makes Induction Ready Cookware Different?
At Mission Restaurant Supply we have a big selection of induction ready cookware sold both individually and in setsthat will work beautifully on your new Induction Cooker. Induction-Ready Cookware is different from regular cookware because of a magnetic layer that's integrated in the base clad which can absorb the electromagnetic energy and efficiently transfer it to heat the food. Normal Cast Iron and Stainless Steel can also work on an induction range.
Explore the opportunities for Induction on Mission Restaurant Supply! If you can't find what you need give us a call so we can help you.