- Unlike most competitors, Mundial knives have handles that are implied by injection molding. Ultimately, the handle is fused to the shank of the blade, creating a tighter seam while diminishing the chance for microbial bacteria to slip through.
- Mundial runs all their knives through a quality control progam at the CATRA testing lab in Sheffield, England. A slew of rigorous and sophisticated tests are performed on the product from start to finish during the manufacturing process. Perhaps the procedure with the most telling results is the Cutting Edge Retention Test. What is the Cutting Edge Retention Test? It is performed by running the knife back and forth for 60 strokes over thin paper. A measurement is then taken of the depth of the resulting slice. Mundial measured 489 mm while competitors got 101 mm and 286 mm. Needless to say, Mundial was the overwhelming winner.
- Mundial has made it their mission to be proactive for food safety procedures and precautions. This can be seen in two arenas:
- The Anti-Microbial Agent: Mundial is now stamping an anti-microbial agent into all of their poly-handled products.
- Food Safe Color-Coated Items: Mundial has created color-coated knives to prevent cross-contamination and food borne illness in the workplace. They are ideal for many different commercial and institutional settings, like schools and hospitals.
This entry was posted on February 17, 2011.