Combination ovens, or "combi" ovens,
as they are nicknamed in the industry, represent the rising monarchy of cooking equipment with a tremendous presence developing around the world. A "Combi" oven is essentially a traditional convection oven with the added functionality of steaming so chefs can use one piece of equipment to steam, cook with hot convected air like in a traditional oven, or utilize a combination of the two. This revolutionary technology was first developed in Europe in the 1970s as a response to the tiny kitchens found in European restaurants. It was the essence of space that drove early pioneers of this technology to develop a method of cooking that would eliminate the need for multiple pieces of equipment and instead have one multi-functional unit that could handle a wide range of tasks, from steaming to poaching, roasting, blanching, baking, rethermalizing and even proofing in some cases, all with a tiny footprint. In Europe today, there is a "combi" in almost every kitchen, and with the rising popularity spreading farther and farther across the globe, we predict a growing presence in American kitchens in the near future.
Why Buy A Combi Oven?
Cooking with DRY HEAT/HOT AIR
- Consistent! With the advanced combi technology utilized by these machines, your restaurant will be able to get the precision and consistency that they need with every cook cycle.
- Space Saving! For a kitchen to be efficient, equipment must be readily accessible and organized in a way where production is streamlined. Minimizing the number of pieces of equipment required to prepare your menu is key! That's the beauty of the Combi Oven.
- Resourceful! Doing more with less is one of the biggest benefits that a combi oven can bring to your kitchen.Whether you're in healthcare, the hospitality industry, you're a caterer, operate a school cafeteria or you run a restaurant of your own, having a combi oven in the back of the house is a resourceful investment that will save significant time and labor.
Cooking with STEAM
- With hot air circulating around the cavity of the oven, chefs can take everything from steaks to pizza and get the crispy outer browning and intense aromas AND flavors that your customers love, all in a very short amount of time.
Benefits of Cooking with a COMBINATION of Hot, Dry Air + Steam
- With the introduction of humidity and moisture to the oven cavity, foods ranging from vegetables to shellfish, eggs and poultry can all be steam cooked to perfection. Steaming drastically reduces cook times and accelerates heat transfer, thus eliminating the shrink of the food, while giving your dishes that healthful glow since steaming helps retain the natural colors and nutrients of the food.Virtually anything that you would boil or poach can be thrown into the combi and steamed, eliminating the need for your old stand-alone steamer in the kitchen.
- As you can imagine, bringing together the benefits of both traditional convected air and steam/moisture is a winning combination. You get the crispy, golden exterior with a juicy, moist interior that your customers love and expect!
At Mission Restaurant Supply we supply a number of Combi Ovens by brands like Alto-Shaam
known industry-wide for their state-of-the-art manufacturing and cutting-edge technology. Using a patented Combitherm® technology, the Alto-Shaam Combi Ovens are able to oven fry, steam, retherm, bake, roast and smoke, all in one footprint.
Take advantage of our competitive prices online at MissionRS.com! To get a quote or have any questions answered on this equipment, please don't hesitate to call us at 800-319-0690 to speak to one of our friendly sales staff.