With more and more emphasis these days on eco-friendliness and relieving our carbon footprints, the foodservice industry is seeing an influx in the number of manufacturers who are doing their part to go green. True Mfg, one of the industry’s resounding veterans and leaders of commercial refrigeration, is doing just that and many of their products are earning their Energy Star Ratings. This approach to being more environmentally friendly and energy efficient is changing the way that True manufacturers their products without compromising the quality or performance.
Here are a few ways they are making the move:
- Removal of Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) Chemicals from True’s Refrigeration Systems
- Eliminated the Global Warming Potential (GWP) of blowing agents used in the equipment’s foaming insulation process from 142,000 TONS of Carbon Dioxide to ZERO! (True explains this as the equivalent of removing 23,500 cars off the road each year!)
- Reduced EPA Reportable Chemical Releases by 80%
- Reduced Total Water Usage by 58%
- Reduced Natural Gas Consumption by 23% per square foot of manufacturing
- Reduced the use of Hazardous Substances in the making of True Products, including Lead, Mercury & Cadmium by 99%
- As of 2007 True is ROHS Compliant (Meaning they complied to the Restriction Of The Use Of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
There is a reason people are choosing True- check out our products available online and start saving!