is a small- yet highly important- investment that will add years to your ice machine while boosting your ROI. Not to mention it will keep your ice and water tasting (and looking) clean. Finding the right filtration system will differ depending on the kind of ice machine you have, how big it is, and what kind of water situation you have in your geographical area.
- Excess sediment and scale in water will clog up the interior of your machine, clinging to the evaporator plate, tubes, valves and other parts, reducing its efficiency and its ability to produce ice.
- Failure to inhibit bacteria and scale build-up will result in more service calls, shorter product life, and higher cost of ownership.
- Areas where water has a high chlorine content will cause ice and beverages to smell and taste bad
This brief buying guide will break down the Water Filtration available at Mission Restaurant Supply
and allow you to find what you need. If you still have questions at the end please feel free to call us at 800-319-0690. We'd be happy to help!
1. 202-DSP and 20-202-DSP
: Our most popular filtration option, this is a dual filter assembly that contains 2 cartridges: a coarse filter cartridge to remove sediment (to 5 microns) and a phosphate crystal filter to treat lime scale and calcium. These 2 filter cartridges are contained in a blue reinforced polypropylene housing with a brushed aluminum mounting bracket for easy installation. This filter assembly comes in both a 10'' long assembly and a 20'' long assembly depending on the volume of your ice machine.
- The 10'' assembly, 202-DSP, is meant for ice machines capable of producing up to 900 pounds of ice per day.
- The 20'' assembly, the 20-202-DSP, is designed for ice machines producing anywhere from 1,000 to 2,500 pounds of ice per day.
: These filtration systems are a great standard option for the everyday location that needs a good filtration system to keep ice production up while inhibiting scale. These units are designed for use with cuber ice machines -not those producing flaked ice.
2. 102-DSP and 20-102-DSP
: This is another dual filter assembly that comes in both 10'' and 20'' configurations, but it is equipped with slightly different filters. The first cartridge is the same aforementioned coarse pre-filter to remove sediment (to 5 microns), but the second cartridge is a combination carbon & phosphate filter designed to improve the taste and odor of your water and ice while reducing the build-up of lime scale and calcium. These cartridges are contained in a blue reinforced polypropylene housing with a brushed aluminum mounting bracket for easy installation.
- The 102-DSP 10'' assembly is meant for ice machines producing up to 900 pounds of ice per day.
- The 20-102-DSP 20'' assembly is for ice machines producing anywhere from 1,000 to 2,500 pounds of ice per day.
: These filtration systems are a good investment for the region that has both mineral-rich water with a smell or odor to it due to excess chlorine. These units are designed for use with cuber ice machines -not those producing flaked ice.
3. TRI-PLEX and 20-TRI-PLEX
: This is a triple-filter assembly filtration system that has three unique cartridges holding the following filters: 1 coarse pre-filter to remove sediment (to 5 microns), a phosphate crystal filter for lime scale/ calcium reduction, and a carbon block filter to improve the taste and odor of your ice. Housed in the same blue reinforced polypropylene container with the brushed aluminum mounting bracket these filters are ideal for hard water applications or virtually any venue with bad-tasting water.
- The 10'' TRI-PLEX assembly is recommended for machines making up to 900 pounds of ice per day
- The 20'' 20-TRI-PLEX assembly is meant for machines making from 1,000 to 2,500 pounds of ice per day.
The TRI-PLEX systems tackle sediment, lime scale and calcium along with bad tasting or odorous water, making them ideal for the end user looking to improve the quality of their drinking water. These units are also well-suited for use with flaker ice machines- unlike the other models.
- IN1013: If space is an issue along with mineral rich water and bad taste, the IN1013 Inline Phosphate Carbon Water Filter is a great option. This compact filter measures 10'' long and controls sediment (to 5 microns), reduces lime scale and calcium, and improves the taste of water coming through it. These filters generally last 6-12 months before needing a replacement. Though not quite as heavy-duty as the 102-DSP, this inline filter will get the job done and work efficiently in a space crunch. Great for beverage machines.
- IN1017: Another great space-saving alternative, the 10'' IN1017 Inline Phosphate Water Filter is designed to tackle the lime scale and calcium in hard water applications while reducing sediment to 20 microns. These filters generally last 6-12 months before needing a replacement. Though not quite as heavy-duty as the 202-DSP, this inline filter will work efficiently to inhibit the build-up of scale in your ice machine.
Filters have a life span of generally 6-12 months which is why we keep an extensive inventory of replacements stocked and ready! You will find carbon block filters, phosphate white crystal filters, pre-filters to reduce sediment, along with combination carbon-phosphate filters, all available in both 10'' and 20'' long models. You will find all of these replacements online at very affordable prices (starting at just $12!) and ready to ship promptly to your business.
Having a good water filtration system is extremely important and we want to help you find the right one for your needs. Feel free to leave your questions in the comments section below or call us toll free at 800-319-0690 Monday through Friday 7 am to 7 pm (CST).