Every year when that first autumn chill settles in and fire places and furnaces start warming up, the first signs of the holiday season begin to unfold. This year you can get ahead on your holiday shopping at Mission Restaurant Supply. We've loaded our shelves with some of your favorite oldies that we know you love giving (and receiving!) and we've brought in some new items that we think your family and friends will love. Here are five gift ideas for starters and check back as we get closer to the end of the year for more gift ideas from MissionRS.com! Ready to Purchase or want to get more details on these 5 different gift ideas? Click through to read more about these products!
In the restaurant industry, Hobart is a name that commands tremendous respect for their long-standing commitment to quality construction and premium performance. It's this commitment over the years that has carved out a space for the brand in the foodservice landscape for generations to come. One of the arenas Hobart excels in is commercial warewashing. Whether you're looking for a small Undercounter, a Door-Type Dishwasher or a heavy-duty Conveyor Dishmachine for your resort, cafeteria or other foodservice venue, the road to your purchase should lead you to Hobart. Find out more about Hobart Warewashing and how it can help your business: Hobart Undercounter Dishwashers: Hobart Undercounter Dishwashers are highly regarded for their heavy-duty stainless steel build, along with their water conservation, their compact size and their truly exceptional performance. There are two different series of Hobart Undercounter Dishmachines online, including the LXi and the SR24, which both are available in low temperature chemical sanitizing models as well as high temperature models. Make an economical investment for your low-to-mid-volume establishment with a Hobart Undercounter Dishwasher. The LXi Series: Hobart's top-of-the-line undercounter dishmachines await in the LXi series. This series of high temperature and low temperature chemical sanitizing dishmachines uses only 0.74 gallons of water per rack to clean(the lowest in the industry for an NSF rated, 2 minute cycle machine) and it can handle 30 racks per hour! The LXi Series by Hobart is also ENERGY STAR® rated and will be sure to save you significantly over the years on water and energy costs. The SR24 Series: Hobart's SR24 Series of undercounter dishmachines is ideal for the lower volume establishment that still needs a dependable and quality-made dishwasher they can trust. These units are compact and economical, using only 2.4 gallons of water per rack and they are available in both high temperature and low temperature/chemical sanitizing models with the high temp models capable of washing 19 racks per hour while the chemical sanitizing can wash 14 racks per hour. All of the SR24 dishmachines are equipped with NSF compliant chemical sensing alarms for your convenience along with many other enviable features for your low-volume dishwashing demands. Note: The main difference between a high temp and a low temp/chemical sanitizing dishmachine is the way in which they sanitize. High Temperature Dismachines utilize a 180°F high temperature final rinse to sanitize while low temperature dishmachines use a chlorine-based sanitizing agent in the final rinse of the wash cycle. Both are highly efficient but low temperature/chemical sanitizing models use considerably less energy than their high temperature counterparts. Hobart Door-Type Dishwashers: Hobart Door-Type Dishwashers are sought after industry-wide for their medium build, their energy saving design and their versatile configuration capabilites which allow them to fit into just about any washing line. There are three main categories available, starting with the AM Select, the Advansys Ventless, and finally the LT1. Find out more about these 3 groups of door-type dishwashers by Hobart and how they can add to your commercial kitchen: The AM Select: The AM Select Series is an ENERGY STAR qualified line of door-type dishmachines that is NSF-certified to clean all your soiled dishware, delicate glasses, along with your heavy-duty, grimy pots and pans thanks to its four different washing cycles. Using only 0.74 gallons of water per rack thanks to an exclusive rinse arm design, these heavy-duty stainless steel dishmachines will save you and your bottom line considerably in water, energy and chemical costs. The AM Select Series is broken down into 3 groupings, starting with the AM Select Standard and the AM Select Tall which can be converted from a straight-through to a corner configuration, and finally the AM Select Front Loading dishmachines which feature a convenient drop down shelf for quick and easy loading and unloading. All of these groups are available to you in both low temperature/chemical sanitizing and high temperature models. The Advansys Ventless: Hobart's Advansys Series is the 1st ventless door-type dishwasher of its kind to feature energy recovery technology. This ENERGY STAR qualified series, which can clean everything from heavy pots to delicate glassware, utilizes a state-of-the-art internal condensing system that minimizes water vapor and eliminates the need for a vent hood, saving you enormously in hood costs and installation along with utility costs over time. Like the AM Select, the Advansys Ventless Dishmachines come available in 3 different sizes so you can find just what you need to best fit your wash line. Choose from the Advansys Standard, the Tall and the Front Loading model. The Advansys Ventless Door-Type Dishmachines are the ideal investment for the restaurant or foodservice venue that's committed to sustainability. The LT1: The LT1 Door-Style Low Temperature Dishmachine by Hobart is simplicity at its best without compromising quality performance. This machine requires no booster heater or high voltage, needing only to be plugged into the wall, and it comes standard equipped with detergent, rinse aid and sanitizer pumps along with an exclusive deliming cycle to keep it running properly. With the LT1, you can wash up to 37 racks of soiled dishes per hour using only 1.7 gallons per rack, and people love its versatility given that it is field reversible from straight through to corner configuration to fit your unique washing line! Hobart Conveyor Dishwashers: For the large-scale restaurant, resort, banquet setting, or hospital that needs to wash hundreds of racks per hour without a hitch, there is no better warewashing solution than a Conveyor Dishwasher by Hobart. Unlike Hobart's Undercounter and Door Type models mentioned above, Conveyor dishmachines utilize an automated system to pull racks through the chamber to wash, rinse and sanitize with every use, creating an easier and more efficient system for your cleaning staff. The CL44e Series Automatic Rack Conveyor Dishmachines are built-to-last with a heavy-duty stainless steel construction and they are loaded with enviable features, like the exclusive Opti-Rinse technology which uses 50% less rinse water and 50% less energy than conveyor dishmachines without it! That means you can wash up to 202 racks of soiled dishes per hour with just 0.62 gallons of water per rack in these ENERGY STAR machines. Choose from a multitude of other features, like right to left or left to right operation, and find the ultimate conveyor dishwasher for your high volume venue. Feel free to call our friendly customer service team at 800-319-0690 for guidance on which unit is right for you!
If you're a dining enthusiast and you live in the San Antonio/Central Texas region, chances are you've been to (or heard of) Silo Elevated Cuisine, the fabulous and highly praised restaurant with locations in both the Alamo Heights area and off of 1604. It's modern approach to fine dining brings together the perfect combination of sophistication and eclecticism in an elegant yet relaxed environment that everyone can enjoy. It is literally elevated dining at its best. not to be missed:
Stop by Nosh for a great, relaxed dining experience that won't disappoint!
Nosh is located at 1133 Austin Highway San Antonio, Texas 78209
Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Saturday 11AM to 11PM
Every September marks the beginning of a large push for food safety awarence and education within the restaurant and foodservice industry. September of 2012 marks the 18th annual National Food Safety Awareness campaign with this year's theme being "Be Safe, Don't Cross Contaminate." The NFSM website is dedicated to providing an educational experience through activities, promotions and other resources which are available to you- you can check the site out here. San Jamar is a great first stop for the commercial kitchen that wants products constructed on a principle of food safety. From ice handling to colored cutting board sets that prevent cross contamination, San Jamar has a great selection for you. Other popular items include the Krowne Metal Chlorine Test Strips which ensure fast, easy verification of the effectiveness of your bleach cleaning solution. For other great resources on food safety awareness check out some of these other helpful blogs and articles: Restaurant Inspections San Jamar- Leading The Way In Food Safety Food Safety 101: Leftovers Restaurant Health Codes Ways to Combat Foodborne Illness Kick off a great food safety initiative this month and if you're on twitter, make sure to use the hashtag #foodsafetymonth to join the conversation!
What if your charbroiler could make all your customer's favorite menu items, like your famous steaks, burgers, fajitas and more, with virtually no flare-ups and more product yield? Well now it can thanks to Vulcan's newest line of VTEC Charbroilers which features a patented IRX® infrared burner technology that maximizes production, creates a more energy efficient cooking solution, and all while achieving that great charbroiled taste your customers love. Here are the Top 5 distinguishing factors that set the VTEC Series by Vulcan apart from other charbroilers in the industry: 1. Independent Burners Create More Even Heat: Each burner section features high range, precision-driven gas controls that distribute the most even heat on the market. 2. High Efficiency Infrared Burner System: The IRX® patented burner system uses infrared, radiant heat that uses more then 50% less gas than traditional radiant convective charbroilers! That's 90,000 BTUs per square inch versus 200 BTUs per square inch. 3. Unparalleled Temperature Control: With the VTEC Series, you can experience a range of temperatures on the same charbroiler with each burner capable of holding its own temperature without transferring from one to the next.(You can even get + or - 20° F from corner to corner- no other piece of equipment in the industry will do this!) 4. No More Nasty Clean Ups: The unique VTEC infrared burner system utilizes a solid carbon steel emitter panel that rests above the burner and underneath a stainless steel grate, eliminating the chance of flare ups by blocking the food from the flames. Any grease or debris that attempts to fall down into the hard to reach burner area is blocked by this solid emitter plate made of carbon steel and is instantly vaporized or turned to ash due to the extreme temperatures. This makes clean up a breeze! Simple take a feather brush and whisk away the ash off the emitter plate and into the crumb tray- no more grimy, nasty clean ups! 5. No More Flare Ups + More Product Yield: The VTEC patented stainless steel grate design combined with the carbon steel emitter panel is designed to eliminate flare ups by keeping grease away from any open flames and reducing the use of convective heat which not only worsens the flare ups but tends to dry out food's natural moisture. The VTEC can save up to 30% of your food product's natural moisture thanks in large part to the absence of this convective air. The VTEC Charbroilers are available at Mission Restaurant Supply in 14'', 25'', 36'', 48'' and 60'' widths with varying burners. Invest today and get Free Shipping to your business!
Hoshizaki has long been known as the industry's leading ice machine company. However in recent years, the brand has been making a big push to expand into a broader product offering with refrigerated equipment. With Hoshizaki's careful, systematic and meticulous growth, they
have managed to create a line of worktop refrigerators, undercounter refrigerators, reach-in refrigeration and more that can rival any in the industry.
Hoshizaki Reach-Ins are not only consciously built considering the environment, but they can help make your operation a profitable one through their innovative designs and state-of-the-art technology. Here are the Top 10 Reasons we think you can profit from investing in a Hoshizaki Reach-In for your business:
1. ECO-FRIENDLY: The entire Commercial Series Line by Hoshizaki is ENERGY STAR® qualified!
2. WARRANTY: Hoshizaki has the best warranty in the industry with 3 year parts and labor + 5 year parts on compressor!
3. QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Hoshizaki Reach-Ins are made with quality stainless steel exteriors. For the professional series, reach-ins feature a total stainless steel interior. For the commercial series, reach-ins have a strong, seamless ABS liner that is easy to clean while resisting scratches and dents. These quality materials equate to a longer product life with increased durability.
4. AIR FLOW: Hoshizaki is engineered with a design of ducts and louvers creating a dynamic air flow which moves air from top to bottom and through every shelf, ensuring uniform cabinet temperatures throughout.
5. INSULATION: The cabinet and door insulation is 2-3/8 inch thick as opposed to the 2 inch thick insulation found in many similar models. This further ensures that temperatures are going to hold. All of Hoshizaki's Reach-In Insulation is made of CFC Free, Foamed in Place Polyurethane, adding to its eco-friendliness.
6. TXV VALVE: Hoshizaki reach-ins have a refrigeration system equipped with a TXV Expansion Valve that controls the amount of refrigerant in proportion to the heat load. The result? Quick, efficient responses to temperature change.
7. INSTALLATION: Thanks to Hoshizaki's 4'' factory-mounted casters and newly lowered heights (under 80''), you can now roll in and install your refrigeration with ease while fitting it through standard door heights.
8. FIELD REVERSIBLE DOORS: Hoshizaki is the only manufacturer in the industry to have field reversible doors!
9. CERTIFICATIONS: Hoshizaki is ISO certified in addition to being an Energy Star Partner. Plus, Hoshizaki Reach-Ins have ANSI, NSF, UL and ETL listings.
10. FREE SHIPPING: Enjoy Free Shipping & Free Liftgate to your commercial address when you purchase a Hoshizaki Reach-In at Mission Restaurant Supply!
Alto-Shaam has been the undisputed industry leader in advanced Cook & Hold Oven technology for over 50 years and that title continues to reign true today. Though the initial up front cost for one of the Alto-Shaam Cook & Hold Ovens seems like a particularly high number, the advantage in purchasing is the unique ROI that you'll experience over the years. There are several things that contribute to this return and this guide is here to share them with you.
Halo Heat® is Alto-Shaam's unique gentle heat technology that retains your food product's natural moisture so that it is juicy and tender, not dried and lacking in flavor. In fact, the low temperatures used to cook steak, poultry and other meat activates the natural enzymes in the food, causing it to tenderize as it cooks and holds within the oven cavity. Best yet, the meat continues to tenderize as time goes by without any signs of drying or loss in moisture. Here are some other great features:
- Cook and hold a full load of food for less than $1 of electricity!
- No ventilation is required saving you thousands of dollars in hood costs.
- The lack of added humidity, air movement, or fans lets gentle heat effectively cook resulting in approximately 18%-20% less shrinkage of meats and other food products! This significant savings allows you to get more servings (and profits) each day!
- Significant labor savings thanks to "set-it-and-forget-it" controls that allow your kitchen staff to simply set the cook temperature and the hold temperature and focus on other tasks.
- The low temperature Cook & Hold Ovens by Alto-Shaam aren't just for Prime Rib anymore. You can bake, proof bread dough, brown/caramelize, reheat food and more with one piece of equipment.
These features all showcase why Alto-Shaam's Cook and Hold is "The Oven That Revolutionized The Foodservice Industry." Check out the large selection of Alto-Shaam products available online at Mission Restaurant Supply! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-319-0690 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cook and hold a full load of food for less than $1 of electricity!
Induction Cooking has become a mainstream, modern technique for heating and cooking food both in the commercial industry and in residential kitchens. Its popularity continues to grow as more and more people catch on to the benefits and more companies come out with new, advanced induction cooktops.
What Is Induction Cooking?
Induction refers to the use of an electromagnet to produce a current and a magnetic field to heat and cook the food in your pot or pan. This electromagnetic energy is essentially transferred to the molecules in your induction-ready cookware which creates heat. Each hob or "burner" is equipped with a ferromagnetic coil which creates a magnetic field when an electric current runs within. When your induction ready cookware is placed upon the hob, this magnetic field transfers to the magnetic clad base of the pan and generates heat. There are a lot of advantages to using a quality induction cook top and our goal is to explain some of them to you.Advantages to Induction Cooking:
- Induction Cooktops can get to high temperatures in seconds (great for quickly boiling a pot of water!) while losing very little heat in the process. This efficient use of energy is a desirable feature to many who look for more eco-friendly alternatives to energy consumption when cooking.
- Induction Cooktops give off very little heat to the surrounding air as opposed to gas ranges which can quickly heat up a kitchen with long cook times. This ability to stay cool is a desirable feature for both commercial and residential users. This quality is one of the interesting things about Induction Cooking given there is actually no heat transfer between the cooktop and the pot/pan. This is because when the magnetic field is induced into the pot or pan, it causes the molecules in the pan to excite, which then gives off heat. Therefore it is the pan and not the cooktop that generates heat.
- Induction Cooktops exhibit a great trio of features: Evenness, Consistency and Precision.
- They are easy to clean! In comparison to a heavy-duty gas range, Induction cook tops are easy to clean thanks to their flat surface which can be wiped down and properly sanitized after cooling down at every use.
- They are easy to control. Temperatures on an Induction cooker can be easily adjusted.
Who Can Use Them?
- Caterers or any Business that needs a Commercial Cooking Station- very easy to pack up and transport for on site cooking
- Restaurants (Units like the Express Mobile Cooking Cart by Lakeside are great for high end restaurants that do a tableside dessert dish)
- Hotels & Hospitality Industry
- The Residential Community
- The list goes on...
What Makes Induction Ready Cookware Different?
At Mission Restaurant Supply we have a big selection of induction ready cookware sold both individually and in setsthat will work beautifully on your new Induction Cooker. Induction-Ready Cookware is different from regular cookware because of a magnetic layer that's integrated in the base clad which can absorb the electromagnetic energy and efficiently transfer it to heat the food. Normal Cast Iron and Stainless Steel can also work on an induction range.
Explore the opportunities for Induction on Mission Restaurant Supply! If you can't find what you need give us a call so we can help you.
Convection and Radiation heat, and here we will discuss Conduction. Chances are you've boiled a pot of water on the stove, made hamburgers and hot dogs on a grill, or simply cooked up something in a skillet on your stovetop. All of these things use Conduction by taking the heat energy from the stove/grill/cooktop and transferring that heat to the pan or cooking tool, and eventually, your food. One of the most important components of Conduction Cooking is the quality of the conductor itself. Investing in the right tools and supplies that are highly conductive will ensure a better, thorough outcome with your food.
Conduction Cooking for most people is the easiest to understand and most intuitive to grasp because it is simply the transfer of heat via contact. Essentially, thermal energy which results from the fast vibration of molecules, is transferred from one material into another in direct contact with it. So when a skillet touches the burner, heat is conducted, when a piece of food touches the heated skillet, heat is conducted again. The concept is a fairly simple one! There are other ways that conduction can take place, including the transfer and movement of heat within one object or piece of food. This means that when food first comes in contact with heat, the outer layers of the food cook first and this heat from the cooked exterior makes its way inward to cook the interior, cooler regions of the substance.