Food Trucks. At this point we bet you've heard about them and their continued rise to fame. Whether you are interested in running your own mobile food truck business or you simply enjoy the convenience of having them around and in your city, there is no denying that their presence is here to stay. Did you know that Food Trucks are the single fastest growing sector in the foodservice industry? In 2011 alone, the mobile food industry did over $1 billion in sales! Why the huge surge? There are many reasons: 1. First, Food Trucks provide a unique culinary opportunity that can't be matched by your traditional brick and mortar restaurant as chefs can prepare their gourmet foods on the go and can take their kitchens directly to the consumer. 2. Food Trucks offer up an affordable entry to the foodservice industry. Companies like Kitchen On Wheels, who we talk about below, do everything from the equipment sourcing to the consultation, CAD drawings and custom fab work for you, all for a competitive price. 3. Food Trucks are customizable, providing a mobile platform that can be specifically designed for your needs and your creative culinary endeavor. Kitchen On Wheels (KOW) provides a great opportunity to build and customize your own food truck by collaborating on a mobile platform that can be designed specifically to your needs. "Getting started in the mobile food catering business starts with a solid chassis (food truck frame), easy maintenance exterior, and above all, an efficient food preparation interior. Kitchens on Wheels® offers three designs: the Bistro Bus, the KOW Trailer, and our largest mobile catering truck, the Bistro Box. For our mobile catering trailers, choose from one of the rugged trailer designs designed by the folks at HAULMARK. Our Bistro Box is designed in the roomy interior of the Mercedes Sprinter. With 73" of standing room and 473 cubic feet of space, the Bistro Box gives you the ultimate mobile catering kitchen without the feel of a large truck. For virtually unlimited mobile kitchen space, our Bistro Box is the true Kitchen on Wheels. Set on the chassis of the box truck of your choice (including used vehicles), Kitchens on Wheels will build your dream catering truck in the roomy interior."- Kitchen On Wheels
- Removal of Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) Chemicals from True's Refrigeration Systems
- Eliminated the Global Warming Potential (GWP) of blowing agents used in the equipment's foaming insulation process from 142,000 TONS of Carbon Dioxide to ZERO! (True explains this as the equivalent of removing 23,500 cars off the road each year!)
- Reduced EPA Reportable Chemical Releases by 80%
- Reduced Total Water Usage by 58%
- Reduced Natural Gas Consumption by 23% per square foot of manufacturing
- Reduced the use of Hazardous Substances in the making of True Products, including Lead, Mercury & Cadmium by 99%
- As of 2007 True is ROHS Compliant (Meaning they complied to the Restriction Of The Use Of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
There is a reason people are choosing True- check out our products available online and start saving!
Our latest sweepstakes comes just in time for Memorial Day and Summertime Soirees. We are giving away 3 awesome Fire Wires® - the flexible, innovative BBQ-grilling skewer that is winning the South over.Official Sweepstakes Rules Page. 2. Entries will be accepted from now until 12:00 noon (Central Time) on Friday, May 25th. 3. THREE winners will be selected at random from all entries on this post and announced on the blog at 12:30 p.m. (Central Time) on Friday, May 25th! How To Enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling us what kitchen equipment and/or supplies you'd love to see on MissionRS.com.
- OR, share with us any tips you may have on how to create the perfect BBQ or Grill Out! (Secrets to perfect grilled product? Great Marinades? Party tips? Recipes? You name it!)
Sanitation- it's a word in the foodservice industry that requires serious attention. After all, keeping your kitchen and your cooking equipment properly sanitized is a huge responsibility that keeps your customers free from food poisoning and you free from a potential law suit. Keeping your kitchen clean starts with having a proper cleaning solution that's strong enough to kill the hardest, deepest germs without leaving behind harmful residue. That's where our best-selling Chlorine Test Strips by Krowne Metal come into play.Krowne Metal 25-123 Chlorine Test Strips and rest assured your foodservice establishment is ready for business.
Whether you're catering a wedding or you're hosting a simple summertime party, the summer months tend to get busy. Every caterer or host needs to be equipped with the must-have equipment and supply list in order to provide their services in the best way possible. Here are 5 simple product investment ideas that will get you ready for the entertaining rush: Custom Tablecloths There's nothing like a crisp, white tablecloth to set the tone and the table for a fresh summer meal. Our tablecloths come in many other colors and in various patterns and they are all customizable per your table specifications! 2. Elegant Serving Trays Boost your presentation by passing out beverages and appetizers with a classic silver tray. We have a number of different sized trays by different manufacturers and with varying detail and price points so you can find the product right for you. 3. Party Buckets & Serving Bowls Great for icing down drinks or showing off your food product, our selection of hammered metal Party Buckets and crystal-inspired Serving Bowls have both visual appeal and functionality, bringing an elegant statement to your party scene. 4. Alternative Drinkware Providing a great alternative to classic drinkware, our heavy-duty Polycarbonate drinkware is made to last and mirror your favorite glass styles, from Pilsner to Wine and Margarita. Though not suitable for every setting, our Plastic Drinkware has a nice aesthetic and is a good investment for someone who's tired of the cost lost to broken glassware.
What's not to love about a welcoming entrance? Whether you are hosting a party at your business or home, a great way to make a memorable entrace and a powerful statement is with Tiki Torches. The Royal Polynesian: Exotic in nature, this torch style features a contemporary bamboo head with a bamboo pole. Packed in a case of 6 with 16 oz refillable canisters in each, this is a great option for the customer who's looking for something different. Shop the Royal Polynesian! The Mediterranean: This hand-crafted torch design juxtaposes contemporary metal with bamboo. The metal pole is sturdy and wears well with age. Packed in a case of 6 with 12 oz refillable canisters in each. Shop the Mediterranean! The Islander: Perhaps the most traditional in appearance, the Islander has a wicker-woven head, a wooden pole, and is packed in a case of 6 with 16 oz refillable canisters in each! Shop the Islander! The Heritage Patio: For more light and more of a statement, go for the Heritage Patio Torch which has two wicks instead of one. Here are some other features that make the Heritage Patio a customer favorite: 1. Easy Assembly- No Tools Required! 2. "No-Touch Pour Technology" keeps refills clean and hassle free (when you need more fuel just pour directly into top of the torch!) 3. Aluminum Alloy Construction for optimal weather resistance 4. Torch Cover for Protection 5. Extra heavy base for added stability Shop the Heritage Patio! Read more about our Tiki Torches here and visit our Outdoor Lighting Page to load up on Fuel, Stands & More!
If you're running a restaurant that serves pizzas, whether they make up just a few menu items or the actual menu in its entirety, investing in a commercial pizza prep table is one of the wisest investments you can make. Though the initial cost is high, you must look at the purchase as a smart investment that will pay off down the road. Our prices on MissionRS.com are the most competitive on the web and we want to help you make a sound choice that will suit your business needs both now and as your business grows in the future. Here are some advantages to investing in a Pizza Prep Table and some of the differentiating factors you should pay attention to before settling on a unit.Advantages
- The Refrigerated Base & Undercounter Storage provides an idealic home for bulk ingredients and other pizza prep necessities
- Raised Ingredients Rails contain bins featuring all of your most popular pizza toppings so you can assemble the pizza with maximum speed and efficiency.
- The convenience of a worktop/cutting board that is built to fit the width of a pizza makes assembling the pie (and prepping the ingredients!) an easy process- one that is constructed with convenience in mind!
- Plus, get Free Shipping and Liftgate when you buy a Pizza Prep Table from MissionRS.com for your commercial establishment!
The amount of demand and product you are putting out on a daily and weekly basis is going to determine how big of a unit you need. Our Pizza Prep Tables range from simple 1 door units with 6 ingredient pans and 11.4 cubic feet of storage area to one of our large, 8 door units with 15 ingredient pans and 43.9 cubic feet of storage, for example! Some of our more popular models consist of a medium size that have 2-3 doors of undercounter storage, 8-10 ingredient bins, and a middle-of-the-road storage capacity. Knowing how much food product you'll be needing to store to meet the demands of your customers is going to determine what size you should invest in. So if you run a pizzeria or a restaurant where pizza is the star item on the menu, investing in a larger unit is probably a better investment, whereas a smaller, 1-3 door unit might be better for establishments that do a smaller output and scale. You'll want to make sure you know exactly how much space you have in your kitchen so that you buy a unit that isn't overbearing or jammed.
2. CONFIGURATION All of our Pizza Prep Tables online have a slightly different configuration. Depending on the unique storage needs of your work stations in the back of the house, our pizza prep tables come with swing doors that open up into storage, while they also come with drawers, meaning they pull out into sectioned, refrigerated storage. Many of our units feature a combination of swing doors and drawers so you can have the best of both worlds. Here's one example of the differenes you will find: pizza prep table manufacturers, including True, Turbo Air and Metalfrio. When you buy a unit from any of these manufacturers, you're getting quality stainless steel construction and a dependable addition for your kitchen that will stand the test of time.
Cast Iron is one of the most durable materials found in a commercial kitchen. It can sear, roast, bake, and fry a number of different food products, from vegetables to chicken and fish. Many of our cast iron skillets come pre-sprayed with a soy-based vegetable oil where they are then put under high heat to allow the oil to penetrate the skin. However, regardless of pre-seasoning, there are times in every cast iron's life when re-seasoning is necessary to keep up the performance of the product. Re-seasoning can help prevent rusting and drying out which keeps food products from sticking to the skillet. Here's how to properly re-season your cast iron: