- Its Super Durable (and Dishwasher-Safe) Bowl Waring has created a 2.5 quart clear bowl made of the most durable polycarbonate material- it is virtually unbreakable! It is lighter than metal but built for tough, professional use, and it has a single handle for easy maneuverability and transport. Best yet, it is dishwasher safe so you can be done with cleaning after use.
- Its Extra-Large Feed Tube & Food Pusher Get more food processed in less time with the wide, large food chute which allows you to feed more food into the processor, all while saving time and making food prep easy for you.
- The Thermal Protection Shut Off/ Safety Feature Doing a lot of food prep? This unit is equipped with a powerful 3/4 HP motor and can handle a significant amount of use! However, with this unique safety feature, the unit will know to turn off when it's getting too hot and if it's in danger of overheating. By automatically powering off, you can rest assured that no permanent damage will be incurred to the motor.
- The Safe & Convenient Locked-in-Place S-Blade Waring is always thinking about your safety. Food Processors are huge time savers in the kitchen but they are very powerful and have extremely sharp blades to accomplish their work. That's why Waring integrated a sealed S-blade on this unit which locks in place while you're pouring contents from the food processor. This not only helps in eliminating messes but it will also keep you safe from accidental cuts or severe injuries.
- Its Trademarked LiquiLock Seal System = No Spills! Waring's trademarked LiquiLock Seal System keeps food from spilling over the container and making a mess in your kitchen. So whether it is soups or bisques, sauces, marinades, or perhaps just finely grated vegetables, the process will be a clean one.
- It's A Package Deal! When you purchase the WFP11S you are getting not just the traditional S-Blade but 3 additional blades that will allow you to do more with your purchase. Enjoy the added benefits of a slicing blade, a shredding blade and a grating blade, and work with confidence that you can handle more food prep tasks!
In the day-to-day hectic lives that we lead, it is often easier to pick up a pre-prepared dinner from the deli or grocery store than to make something from home- are we right? However, with the help of food processing equipment, you can quickly cut out the tedious and time-consuming prep work associated with making some of your favorite dinners, and start saving money by cooking from home. This Food Processor by Waring is just the kind you'll need: We strongly suggest you reconsider the lightly-made food processors and invest in a sound unit that will perform beautifully over the years. Though they are less expensive, there is no doubt that the product life of these machines will be significantly shorter. With this showcased model, rest assured you will get years of absolute durability, performance, and quality for your home. Some of the features that make this food processor a household favorite include:
Chefs across the globe are inherently different in style, technique, and the way they demonstrate their skills, but one thing that is consistent among them is their search for equipment that will prove versatile for their needs. Combi ovens are a great example of this sought after versatility but one item that is often overlooked-though rapidly gaining popularity- is the Braising Pan. The beauty of a braising pan is that one device can cover such a wide range of products and production needs. At Mission Restaurant Supply, we understand that chefs need equipment that will meet their high standards and expectations day after day, night after night, which is why we are excited to share with you Groen's Eclipse Tilting Braising Pans. Why Choose A Groen Eclipse Braising Pan?
- For over 40 years, Groen's Eclipse Braising Pans have been leading the industry standard in both gas and electric models.
- By combining the functions of a skillet and a kettle, these braising pans will braise, boil, simmer, saute, steam, bain marie, thaw, warm, proof, hold, roast and serve with ease!
- Fast, high-capacity pan features a bi-metal cooking surface that heats evenly and quickly (350°F in 4 minutes!), eliminating hot spots and improving product quality.
- Rounded, seamless pan corners have a 3'' radius and keep food from building up, allowing your team to easily stir food while in use (and clean, after the fact)
- Central tilting feature and hinged pan allows you to pour the product from the pan directly into containers with little hassle! Groen's Eclipse line also has the shortest pour path in the industry making it even easier to pour while minimizing spills.
- One pan minimizes messes and clean up time; Open leg construction makes it easy to clean underneath and around the unit.
- Ideal for the foodservice establishment (i.e. schools, hotels, restaurants) preparing a wide variety of meats, soups, sauces and virtually anything in high volume! Need to make a few hundred pancakes for the morning shift? Steaks for lunch? Stews for dinner? No problem.
Some of the most frequently used tools in any kitchen large or small are pots and pans. Their various styles and array of applications make them an absolute staple in the world of cooking! Frying, boiling, blanching, poaching, steaming, cooking- you name it. Which is why at Mission Restaurant Supply, we believe you should invest in a cookware line that will last and hold up amidst the constant use in your home or professional kitchen. This is where Thermalloy Pots and Pans comes into play. The top-tier line by Browne-Halco, Thermalloy represents a premium cookware experience with quality stainless steel construction and optimum cooking performance. Thermalloy pots and pans are induction ready and can be used with all cooking heat sources, including on gas and electric ranges, ceramic countertops and with halogen making them some of the most versatile cooking tools on the market. Below are the top features and benefits of the stainless steel Thermalloy line: Invest in quality and experience a true difference in cooking performance, versatility, and durability over time. Spending a little bit more upfront on cookware that's designed to hold up is a better investment than having to replenish your stock every couple of months. Explore the variety of Thermalloy available to you at Mission Restaurant Supply, from braziers to double boilers, to saute pans and stock pots, and don't hesitate to call our team at 800-319-0690 from 7AM to 7PM (CST) Monday through Friday should you have any questions.
Water filtration is a small- yet highly important- investment that will add years to your ice machine while boosting your ROI. Not to mention it will keep your ice and water tasting (and looking) clean. Finding the right filtration system will differ depending on the kind of ice machine you have, how big it is, and what kind of water situation you have in your geographical area.
- Excess sediment and scale in water will clog up the interior of your machine, clinging to the evaporator plate, tubes, valves and other parts, reducing its efficiency and its ability to produce ice.
- Failure to inhibit bacteria and scale build-up will result in more service calls, shorter product life, and higher cost of ownership.
- Areas where water has a high chlorine content will cause ice and beverages to smell and taste bad
- The 10'' assembly, 202-DSP, is meant for ice machines capable of producing up to 900 pounds of ice per day.
- The 20'' assembly, the 20-202-DSP, is designed for ice machines producing anywhere from 1,000 to 2,500 pounds of ice per day.
- The 102-DSP 10'' assembly is meant for ice machines producing up to 900 pounds of ice per day.
- The 20-102-DSP 20'' assembly is for ice machines producing anywhere from 1,000 to 2,500 pounds of ice per day.
- The 10'' TRI-PLEX assembly is recommended for machines making up to 900 pounds of ice per day
- The 20'' 20-TRI-PLEX assembly is meant for machines making from 1,000 to 2,500 pounds of ice per day.
- IN1013: If space is an issue along with mineral rich water and bad taste, the IN1013 Inline Phosphate Carbon Water Filter is a great option. This compact filter measures 10'' long and controls sediment (to 5 microns), reduces lime scale and calcium, and improves the taste of water coming through it. These filters generally last 6-12 months before needing a replacement. Though not quite as heavy-duty as the 102-DSP, this inline filter will get the job done and work efficiently in a space crunch. Great for beverage machines.
- IN1017: Another great space-saving alternative, the 10'' IN1017 Inline Phosphate Water Filter is designed to tackle the lime scale and calcium in hard water applications while reducing sediment to 20 microns. These filters generally last 6-12 months before needing a replacement. Though not quite as heavy-duty as the 202-DSP, this inline filter will work efficiently to inhibit the build-up of scale in your ice machine.
Pre-Rinse Units are an integral component to the commercial dishwashing sector being found in nearly every restaurant kitchen. Their primary purpose, as you may know, is to spray off leftovers and soiled dishes before they enter the wash cycle, which increases the efficiency and ensures you're getting the best cleanliness with every wash cycle. If you are in the market for a new Pre-Rinse Unit, we recommend looking at the Easy Install Series by T&S Brass. These units are designed for you, the end user, with the following goals in mind:
- To get the longest life out of your investment
- To be quickly installed- under 10 minutes!
- To save you money thanks to low flow rates and less water usage
One of the most commonly asked questions we get here at Mission Restaurant Supply is why manufacturers of commercial ranges void their warranties for residential installations. There are a number of reasons for this which we will cover in this article.For serious cooking enthusiasts, having commercial-grade cooking equipment in your home is a luxury. Once you've experienced the durability and cooking capabilities of a commercial range, it's hard to downsize to a residential model. However, due to the nature of this powerful equipment, many commercial manufacturers have dissuaded residential end users from putting them in their homes, even going so far as to void the warranty entirely if they choose to purchase. Furthermore, it could also void your homeowner's insurance policy. Here are the Top 5 Reasons for keeping commercial ranges out of the residential sector: 1. HAZARDOUS HEAT Commercial ranges are equipped with burners that generate heat levels much stronger than a range intended for residential use (approximately 25,000 to 35,000 BTUs versus 12,000-15,000 BTUs). Because these ranges aren't equipped with much insulation, heat radiates out, all while heating up the temperature of the kitchen and exposing a dangerous, scalding surface that could cause severe burns on contact to kids, pets, or yourself. As a result, most commercial ranges require a significant amount of clearance near and around the unit plus the installation of a high-heat fire wall and a fire suppression system. 2. GAS RESTRICTIONS Heavy-duty commercial ranges require a lot of gas to perform the way they do. Constantly keeping all the pilot lights running and ensuring fast start up times essentially consumes a lot of fuel and produces a lot of extra ambient heat in the kitchen. To ensure this steady flow of gas, commercial ranges need to be hooked up to a natural gas or propane line that's sufficient in size. However, since the natural gas lines in most homes are generally smaller than what's required many manufacturers automatically void their warranty terms for such sales. 3. VENTILATION SAFETY Commercial ranges put off a lot of smoke from the high heat used to cook your food. To ensure that grease and smoke are removed safely, you'll need to invest in a heavy-duty ventilation hood to go over the range. However, because most commercial ranges are deeper than the average 24'' deep countertop, they will stick out and you will more than likely need a customized hood to safely remove all the combustion gas in the air. These heavy-duty hoods are also much noisier than their residential counterparts. 4. STRINGENT CODES Every state and locality has their own safety policy, and when it comes to installing commercial cooking equipment, there is a wide array of regulations. Check with local authorities to learn more about zoning and fire regulations along with the limitations of building codes in your area. 5. LOST INSURANCE COVERAGE Due to the fire and safety hazards associated with operating a commercial range at home many insurers will void their clients' home insurance policies if they choose to go through with the installation. Having a thorough understanding of fire and safety codes in your area is critical as is knowing the risks associated with ownership. We hope that this has helped answer your questions, and as you move forward, we encourage you to consult local authorities for more information. You may also find "professional-style" residential ranges at your local appliance dealer. The Team at Mission Restaurant Supply is here to help you and your business grow. For more information or if you'd like to speak to one of our educated sales executives, please give us a call at 800-319-0690, Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM CST.
There is no denying that the cauldron of talent which makes up Austin's food and wine scene is bubbling wildly, growing hotter and hotter before our eyes. This past June- June 17, 2013- to be exact, our Austin Team sponsored Uchi's Citywide 86d Event at the At&T Executive Education and Conference Center. The event, which is reminiscent of Food Network's famed TV show Chopped, gave 4 Austin-area chefs (narrowed down from an initial 16) the challenge to present 3 courses of their cooking creativity to a panel of judges with a strict time clock and no prior knowledge of the given ingredients. The "Final Four" ended up being John Hajash of Congress, Brandon Martin from Foreign & Domestic along with Sway's Joaquin Cebollas and Chase Gintner. The panel of judges, which included many of the finest chefs in the state, were Mat Clouser from Swift's Attic, Jason Dady from Jason Dady Restaurants, Aaron Franklin from Franklin BBQ and Josh Watkins from The Carillon. After each of the 3 coarses, the panelists would eliminate (or 86'd, as the slang goes) 1 contestant until they were left with their winner. Attendees of the event were able to watch the chefs in action thanks to the glassed-in kitchen along with large, flat-screen TVs which were set up throughout the event. There were plenty of great gastronomic distractions as well, including delicious eats from Freedmen's, Cafe Jose, Kome, Uchi and more, along with sips from local sommeliers Scott Ota, Mark Sayre and Bill Elsey. With each of the three coarses, the panelists eliminated a contestant based on their ideas, the presentation, and of course, the overall taste. John Hajash from Bar Congress ended up with the title, being named the 1st Citywide 86'd Winner, taking home our "Stock Pot Trophy" along with anticipated opportunity to stage with chefs in NYC including David Chang! The other contestants received gifts, which included gift cards to Mission Restaurant Supply in Austin, and each will have the opportunity to work with reverred chefs and operations throughout the state, giving them a change to learn, grow, and further develop their techniques. All proceeds from ticket sales benefitted the Wine and Food Foundation of Texas. We had a wonderful time and look forward to being a part of the 2nd annual Citywide 86'd Event next year!
Here at Mission Restaurant Supply, we get a lot of folks- caterers, restaurateurs, even home cooks- who come to us looking for equipment that will compliment and simplify the day-to-day cooking experience without sacrificing quality. Lucky for them (and you) we have equipment by manufacturers who tailor to these needs. One such manufacturer is Crown Verity whose corporate philosophy is to build equipment based on the wants and needs expressed by cooks across the nation. This ethos is executed across the board with a great case study being their line of Mobile Griddles. These mobile griddles are not your average make or model. Rather, they are designed to rectify common obstacles and challenges experienced by chefs while making the entire user experience a better one. By listening to their customer base, the brand was able to update their designs so that end users can get the best performance and return on their investment. All Crown Verity Mobile Griddles are equipped with a solid stainless steel grease tray which is removeable from either end, simply sliding in and out for easy cleaning and maintenance. This is a great convenience feature along with a great safety benefit to reduce the risk of fires. These griddles are also designed with other user safety benefits in mind, such as being easy to light, to clean, and to store away until you're ready to use it again. Did you Know? These mobile griddles have lockable casters that keep the unit stable and in place for safety, yet when the casters are unlocked, you can easily push the griddle with 2 fingers! Just watch the video below to check it out. One of the great things about all Crown Verity equipment is the versatility that they provide. They are available in Natural Gas and Propane depending on your needs and our customers have cooked everything from pancakes to hamburgers, philly cheese steaks and peppers on them. There are endless options! These Crown Verity mobile griddles also have many accessories available including grates which can be used when you remove the griddle plate. That's right! The griddle plate is fully removeable so you can use the griddle as a grill when you need to. Crown Verity was able to focus on usability, moveability and profitability by outfitting their outdoor griddles with large 14'' wheels on one side and lockable swivel casters on the other for easy transport from one location to the next. So what does that mean for you? "Going mobile" for you means making more money by being able to go where the crowds are and feeding them what they want. End of story. Ready to Shop? Check out all the Crown Verity at Mission Restaurant Supply & Save! Should you have any questions or simply need help making a product selection, don't hesitate to call our team at 800-319-0690 Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM Central Standard Time. We'd be happy to assist you.
Commercial Refrigeration is a saturated marketplace filled with quality brands and products. For customers in the market to buy a new piece of refrigeration the choice can often be an overwhelming one. By now you've heard us confess our love for manufacturers like True, Hoshizaki and Turbo Air, but one line we encourage you to learn more about is Traulsen. Do you want the longest life out of your unit and the largest return on your investment? Traulsen may be the perfect fit for you. Manufactured in the heart of Ft Worth, Texas, this line has been creating refrigeration solutions since 1938, and their promise to bring quality to the industry has never wavered. One of the ways Traulsen has gained many loyal advocates is by explaining the difference between the price of purchase and the price of ownership with a Traulsen unit. The chart below details this difference: As you can see, although a Traulsen refrigerator or freezer will cost you more up front, it will actually save you money throughout the course of its lifespan. The reason for this harks back to the brand's commitment to quality. Quality Materials, Quality Design, Quality Operation, and Quality Control. Below are a few of the key design elements that make Traulsen one of the most respected refrigeration brands in the world.
- The Quality of Stainless: Stainless steel is the ideal and most widely used material for the foodservice industry, mainly for its durability, easy-to-clean nature, and its industrial aesthetic. By making an all stainless cabinet from the interior to the exterior along with every part in between, Traulsen units will last for longer without wavering in performance or reliability. Stainless steel also transfers temperature a lot faster than plastic or vinyl. Cutting out all the plastic pieces that are so often found in other refrigeration brands will ensure quality and easy upkeep year after year.
- The Traulsen Air Flow: Unlike other manuacturers who push cold air from the top down or from the back to the front, Traulsen has designed their cabinets with air ducts that help move cold air in a circular motion. This engineered air flow will blow across then down so cold air can fill from the bottom up, shelf by shelf by shelf. This air flow design will lengthen the life of your compressor and ensure the most thorough temperatures no matter where food is placed in the cabinet.
- Why Top Mount Refrigeration? The debate between whether top mount versus bottom mount refrigeration is better continues on with the ultimate consensus being that it is a subjective matter of opinion for the end user. Traulsen, however, continues to stand by their philosophy of having top mount refrigeration for multiple reasons. The first is that it is simply easier to access for preventative maintenance operations and service. Though bottom mount might seem easier, it is actually much harder to reach the interior of the refrigeration system when on your back amidst dirt, grime, and limited visibility. Second, because the evaporator, condenser and compressor are all located high up off the ground, you-the end user- won't have to worry as much about dirt and grime getting sucked into the system, which is often the case with bottom mount units whose fans and motors are located right above the floor. And third, because the refrigeration system is located up top, it is not eating up useable space in the interior of the cabinet, unlike the bottom mount conterparts on the market. (Traulsen claims you will have 15-20% more usable storage space in their boxes than bottom mount units by competitive brands.)
- The Best Insulation: Traulsen is the only brand of its kind that ensures a minimum thickness of 2 inches of insulation in their refrigeration. This insulation is 100% foamed in place for the best temperature maintenance and control.
- Free Freight On Everything! In addition to the brand's generous Free Freight offer, there is also a Free Liftgate service offered for any Traulsen unit you buy under 72''.
One of the best investments that your restaurant business can make is buying proper water filtration for your commercial ice machine. The importance of an adequate filtration system is one of the biggest understatements in the foodservice industry. Understanding how water filtration can help, by ensuring longer running times and a healthier, longer life for your machine, makes this purchase a no brainer. Water filters can be used with other pieces of equipment dealing with water, like steamers, but for the purpose of this post, we are focusing on its importance when used with commercial ice equipment. Perhaps the best way to begin is by reiterating the fact that ice is food and it should be treated as such, with proper food safety practices and precautions. At Mission Restaurant Supply we strongly believe in the importance of water filtration and below we will tell you why: As time wears on, so does the water within your ice machine that is frozen to make ice. Water, in its natural form, carries with it impurities and minerals that will build-up within your machine in the form of lime and scale. (Find out more about that here!) This build-up creates a blockage, much like cholesterol does within an artery, and it makes it harder for the water to pass through. This inherently makes the machine have to work harder and it raises the operating temperatures of the unit which can do irreversible damage to the machine. By investing in a water filtration system, the impurities within the incoming water can be captured and sifted out before the water runs through the interior of the machine. Thus, no lime, no scale, and better operation all around. Without this water filtration system, the ice formed with the unfiltered water will eventually have a a foul smell and a discolored appearance. Talk about leaving a bad taste in you customer's mouth! For your customer (and yourself) this is an undeniable turn off and an obvious indication that maintenance is not being adhered to. Investing in one of our Water Filters will do the following:
- Filter Dirt and Sediment from the incoming water
- Eliminate bad tastes and odors from the impure water
- Inhibit lime scale accumulation
- Prolong the life of your investment