Our friends over at The Bakery Lorraine in San Antonio were nice enough to share with us one of their favorite Valentine recipes. Enjoy the Bakery’s Perfect Brownies. After all, who doesn’t love a little chocolate on Valentine’s Day?
The Bakery Lorraine’s Perfect Brownies
(Makes a 1/2-sheet pan)
12 oz butter, melted
9 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 c sugar
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
3/4 c Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/2 T salt
3/4 t baking powder
1 1/2 T oil
1 c toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1 c 61% mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Pour your hot melted butter over the unsweetened chocolate. Let sit for a few minutes till chocolate softens and stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is uniform.
3. In a mixer, using a paddle attachment, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until it forms thick ribbons and mixture is pale yellow.
4. Combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder) and add to egg mixture alternately with chocolate-butter mixture.
5. Lastly, fold in oil, walnuts and chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a 1/2 sheet pan lined with parchment. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
To learn more about the Bakery Lorraine, visit their website
or find them on Facebook
Thank you Jeremy and Anne for your sweet contribution! (no pun intended.)