Leave it to Paula Deen to cool us down this summer with a delicious, healthy, and refreshing salad. Her Cucumber, Tomato, and Mint combo looks simple and fresh- just what we need for these hot summer days.
10 ounce goat cheese
2-4 ripe tomatoes
4 medium sized cucumbers, thinly sliced
2 small white onion, julienned
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
20 mint leaves
salt and pepper to taste
What You'll Need
Have you seen our wooden salad bowls
? They are perfect for this recipe!
What You Do
1. Prep your tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions by cutting them into quarters and thin slivers, respectively.
2. In a large mixing bowl crumble goat cheese.
3. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions to bowl.
4. Cut mint leaves chiffonade-style into shreds and add to salad. Add vinegar and olive oil. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Refrigerate for one hour & enjoy!
Easy, simple, and perfect for a summer lunch, don't you think?
Image and Recipe Courtesy of Paula Deen