One of the best things about fall weather is the creativity that it inspires in the kitchen. Whether you’re going out to your favorite neighborhood restaurant or cooking from the comforts of home, foodies everywhere delight in gathering seasonal ingredients from local markets, to stirring up hearty stews, curling up with a hot toddy, and entertaining for friends and family. There are so many wonderful recipes out there that we can’t wait to try. We’ve gathered up a few of our favorites for your fall perusal- Enjoy + Bon Appetit!
1. Pumpkin Chili The title picture shown above is of this delightful vegetarian pumpkin chili found on one of our favorite culinary sites, theKitchn. Looks amazing, right? With all the healthy, flavorful ingredients simmered into this concotion (think cloves, cumin, red bell peppers, sliced tomatoes, green chilies, pumpkin…) we can only imagine how good it would taste on a cold afternoon!
2. The 10 Best Pumpkin Bites If you love beautiful photographs and great culinary ideas for home entertaining you will adore Texas tastemaker Camille Styles’ vibrant site. We fell in love with these “10 Best” Pumpkin Dishes that she brought together. From the pumpkin, quinoa & hazlenut gnocchi to the garlic, rosemary and pumpkin hummus, this Top 10 List has us in full fall mode.
3. Turkey Time Ina Garten (aka The Barefoot Contessa) is one of our favorites for her classic approach to so many favorite dishes, like a holiday turkey. This recipe is one we’re longing to try- if it turns out anything like her famous roasted chicken we’re in the clear!
4. Mulled Apple Cider Oh the joys of a hot toddy. This old-favorite on The Pioneer Woman’s website is loaded with satisfying ingredients- think ground cloves, fresh-squeezed apple juice, orange peel and maple syrup- for that next dreary winter’s day!
5. October Cupcake Inspiration Cupcakes are all the rage these days and with Halloween this month we can bet there will be lots of creativity brewing when it comes to decoration. In case you need some inspiration to get started, check out these 16 spooky cupcake ideas found on Delish.com. (Our favorite: #10 The Wicked Witch!)