Perfect for Any Occasion
There are some desserts in life that just never go out of style. Homemade Blueberry Pie is a great example. I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman and tested it out for a family dinner party to much success. It was beyond delicious and easy as pie to make (pun intended!).
- 2-3 pints Blueberries
- 1-2 dashes Nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp Flour
- 2 Pie Crusts
- 1 stick Butter
You’ll also need:
- In a large bowl, coat the blueberries with regular white sugar. You will want just enough to bring out the natural sweetness.
- Add nutmeg and a few tablespoons of all purpose flour (if you would prefer a pie that is juicier you can leave out the flour).
- Pour the blueberries into a pie crust and top with 8-10 thin slices of butter. Cover with a second pie crust (I used pre-made Pillsbury Pie Crusts, but the Pioneer Woman has a great homemade version as well).
- Press the edges of both pie crusts together, tucking the dough under as you go. Pinch any excess dough to create a fluted look.
- Cut three or four slits in the top of the pie for ventilation.
- Bake at 400º for approximately 35-40 minutes.