When the weather outside is frightful and the fire is so delightful... make some hot chocolate! We found a great old-fashioned hot chocolate recipe that will warm you up this winter.
- 1 1/3 c Whole milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla extract
- Mini-marshmallows or whipped cream for serving
You'll also need:
Recipe courtesy of Sweet Treats,
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan over low heat until tiny bubbles appear. Remove from heat right before boiling.
- Blend the cocoa in a food processor. Put the cocoa, sugar, and vanilla in a mug and stir to combine.
- Add one tablespoon of the hot milk to the cocoa mixture and stir - make sure there are no lumps!
- Pour the remaining hot milk into the mug and stir well.
- Top it off with a handful of marshmallows or whipped cream - or chop up peppermint for a little holiday flare!
by Carolyn Beth Weil (Simon & Schuster, 2006).