This recipe was submitted by a member of the Foodservice Community
. He told us that it was his grandmother’s recipe and that they make this every year at Thanksgiving and
- 1/2 lb Butter
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 c Diced Carrot
- 2 c Diced Celery
- 3 c Diced Onion
- 2 Bunches Chopped Kale
- 1 lb Diced Linguica or Polish sausage
- 1 lb Red or White Beans
- 1 lb Diced Red Potato
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 Gal Water
- Chicken Base to Taste
- Salt & Pepper
Don’t forget some of these kitchen essentials before you start!
- Melt butter in oil over medium to high heat.
- Once melted, add the carrots, celery, and onions.
- Saute for a few minutes and add salt, pepper, thyme, garlic and chili flakes, linguica and potatoes.
- Stir mixture well and add water.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in the kale.
- Let simmer until the kale is tender. Add chicken base to taste and then add the beans. Turn off heat to avoid overcooking the potatoes and beans.
- Serve with crusty bread on a cold night.
*If you would like to make the soup creamier you have two options. You can either puree some of the kale once it’s cooked or you can add cream to the soup at the end.