This delcious lemon cake recipe was a childhood staple of mine. A favorite for birthdays, parties, and other causes of celebration, it is light, delicious, and the slight taste of citrus will get you ready for warmer weather.
1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix 1 cup Apricot Nectar ½ cup sugar 4 eggs 2/3 cup vegetable oil Berries (optional)
1 cup sifted powdered sugar 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
What You’ll Need:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10’’ tube pan or Bundt pan.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Once cooked, invert onto serving plate and pour glaze over cake while still warm.
NOTE: Pierce the top of the cake with a fork prior to glazing that way the glaze can soak in.
5. Sift powdered sugar over the top, garnish with berries and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of the Houston Junior League Cookbook.