When Citrus abounds, there’s nothing better than making a fresh, citrusy dessert like Lemon Bars! This recipe is our absolute favorite: it’s easy and took no time to make- we hope you enjoy! (NOTE: This would probably be delicious with any kind of citrus- grapefruit, lime, blood orange, clementine- the sky is the limit!)
What You Do:
To make crust:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner’s sugar
- Cut in butter until combined and crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
To make topping:
- While crust is baking, prepare topping.
- In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool, dust with confectioner’s sugar and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars and enjoy them cold!
What You’ll Need:
Crust: 1 cup butter 1 3/4 cup flour 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar (plus more for dusting)
Topping: 1 1/2 cup plain sugar 1/4 cup flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs, slightly beaten 1/2 cup lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan
Thanks to Bakerella for the great recipe inspiration!
Shop at MissionRS.com for all your culinary supplies & needs!