This is one of those great, classic pasta recipes that never seems to make its way out of your kitchen because it's a family favorite and too easy to be true. This makes for a great meal if you are looking to feed a large number of people, and best yet, the prep time is zero!
- 4 c Water
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Package of Cappellini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 28 oz. can of Whole, peeled tomatoes
- Few sprigs of basil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
You'll also need:
Chop up your fresh basil and put it in last minute. Serve hot and enjoy!
- In a large pot, bring four cups of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Pour pasta into the boiling water and let it cook until tender.
- Once the pasta is ready, strain them with a colander (make sure to save a small cup of the pasta water and set it aside for later).
- Finely dice your garlic and add to the large pot along with the red pepper flakes and olive oil. Let simmer on low heat.
- Pour the drained pasta back into the pot and add in the tomatoes. Thoroughly combine the mixture. Add in a little of the water if the pasta gets too dry.
- Give the pasta a good seasoning with lots of freshly cracked salt and pepper.