This recipe was submitted by Michelle Ericson of the Foodservice Community. She works for the Southwestern Oregon Community College.
- 6 Idaho potatoes
- ¼ c butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 c Parmesan cheese
- 2 c Bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
You’ll also need:
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Fill a 6 quart saucepan with water and boil the potatoes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash with butter and salt. Refrigerate mashed potatoes until cool.
- Mix in one beaten egg and some Parmesan cheese.
- Take 1/3 cup mashed potatoes and roll into an elongated balls (kind of egg shaped).
- Beat the second egg in a separate bowl. Roll each ball in the egg and then roll in breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- Add three tablespoons canola oil into a frying pan and fry each ball until brown and crunchy.
- Remove from frying pan and place on a paper towel. Serve warm.