Courtesy of AllRecipes.com
This recipe was submitted by Tori Raye on AllRecipes.com. I loved that this recipe was so simple and the fact that she added a little bit of pear to the mix. Sound delish!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c diced yellow onion
- 1/4 c chopped celery
- 1/4 c chopped green onion
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- 1 (12 oz) package dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (32 oz) carton chicken broth
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, yellow onion, celery, green onion, and pear. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Place the stuffing mix into a large mixing bowl; stir in the vegetable mixture, parsley, and chicken broth. Stir until the chicken broth has been absorbed by the stuffing mix; spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.