This recipe was submitted by a member of the Foodservice Community
. He told us that this is a favorite at the venue he works at and that it works great on a budget.
- 3-5 Tilapia pieces
- Peeled & de-veined tiger shrimp
- 1 c Diced onions
- 2 c Diced green & red peppers
- ¼ c chopped chives
- 2 qt Heavy cream
- ½ gal Water
- 1 lb Lobster or fish base
- ½ lb Butter
- Minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper
What you’ll need:
Newburg Sauce Instructions
- Sauté onions, peppers, and garlic in oil and butter. Add in chives, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze with water and bring to a boil.
- Add in your lobster or fish base and heavy cream.
- Thicken with cornstarch/water until desired thickness.
- Create a rub with cumin, paprika, garlic granules and pepper (don’t add salt to this – it doesn’t need it).
- Sprinkle over fish and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with above rub and put on a greased sheet pan.
- Cook until desired firmness at 350 degrees for approximately five minutes tossing frequently. Caution: don’t overcook!
You can serve this with Creole rice and roasted vegetables. Garnish it with chopped parsley. Creole rice has onions, peppers, celery, cumin, paprika, and garlic. When it’s fully cooked you can toss in diced tomatoes.