A Summertime Luxury
If you’ve ever been to the Texas Hill Country in the summertime, you know that the Peaches are unbelievably good. Juicy, sweet as sugar, and completely satisfying, these little fruits captivate everyone who tries them in season. If you are a peach lover, like me, you’ll have to try this recipe for a delightful Peach Crisp. I’ve made it before using Fredericksburg peaches (and some Mission products!) and it made for the best summertime dessert- Enjoy!
- 5 whole To 6 Whole Fresh Peaches (best When Not Overly Ripe Or Soft)
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cups Sugar
- ½ cups Light Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- ½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 stick Butter (1/2 Cup)
- ½ whole Lemon
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
What You’ll Need:
What You Do:
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt using a fork or pastry cutter. Cut butter into small pieces and gradually add to flour mixture until evenly mixed.
2. Peel peaches into a bowl. Add the zest from half a lemon. Squeeze juice from lemon half and stir in with peaches and zest. Add 2 tablespoons real maple syrup to peaches, stir well.
3. Pour peach mixture into a small pan (8” or 9” square) and cover evenly with crumb topping. Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
4. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until crisp and brown on top.
5. Add a dallop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!