Food Trucks. At this point we bet you’ve heard about them and their continued rise to fame. Whether you are interested in running your own mobile food truck business or you simply enjoy the convenience of having them around and in your city, there is no denying that their presence is here to stay.
Did you know that Food Trucks are the single fastest growing sector in the foodservice industry? In 2011 alone, the mobile food industry did over $1 billion in sales! Why the huge surge? There are many reasons:
1. First, Food Trucks provide a unique culinary opportunity that can’t be matched by your traditional brick and mortar restaurant as chefs can prepare their gourmet foods on the go and can take their kitchens directly to the consumer.
2. Food Trucks offer up an affordable entry to the foodservice industry. Companies like Kitchen On Wheels, who we talk about below, do everything from the equipment sourcing to the consultation, CAD drawings and custom fab work for you, all for a competitive price.
3. Food Trucks are customizable, providing a mobile platform that can be specifically designed for your needs and your creative culinary endeavor.
Kitchen On Wheels (KOW) provides a great opportunity to build and customize your own food truck by collaborating on a mobile platform that can be designed specifically to your needs.
“Getting started in the mobile food catering business starts with a solid chassis (food truck frame), easy maintenance exterior, and above all, an efficient food preparation interior. Kitchens on Wheels® offers three designs: the Bistro Bus, the KOW Trailer, and our largest mobile catering truck, the Bistro Box. For our mobile catering trailers, choose from one of the rugged trailer designs designed by the folks at HAULMARK. Our Bistro Box is designed in the roomy interior of the Mercedes Sprinter. With 73″ of standing room and 473 cubic feet of space, the Bistro Box gives you the ultimate mobile catering kitchen without the feel of a large truck. For virtually unlimited mobile kitchen space, our Bistro Box is the true Kitchen on Wheels. Set on the chassis of the box truck of your choice (including used vehicles), Kitchens on Wheels will build your dream catering truck in the roomy interior.”- Kitchen On Wheels
Whether you are operating a cupcake/dessert truck or a Taco/BBQ joint, Kitchen On Wheels will work with you every step of the way to ensure your truck is filled with kitchen equipment that will best suit your every day need. Aside from being the 3rd oldest food truck manufacturer in the industry, they have over 50 years of experience and a list of nationally recognizable clientele.
Here are some neat facts about Kitchen On Wheels:
1. (KOW) food trucks have passed safety inspections in every state. (That’s right, they service nationally!)
2. They are committed to ensuring the health and safety of their patrons working directly with Fire Marshals and other safety inspectors to build relationships and industry expertise that can be passed on to their customers.
3. Consulting and Inspection Services provided for every client including obtaining insurance, passing health code inspections, and sourcing equipment and food! Specific state health regualtions are adhered to with every truck that KOW makes.
4. Watch your truck being made with the Kitchen On Wheels Streamlined Video feature! This neat feature allows you to witness your business coming to life, every step of the way.
5. Short Term Rentals are available. Why Rent Short Term? Great for larger companies who are promoting special products or promotions.