Your Best Tool For More Flavorful Meat...
Meat Tenderizers are some of our best-selling products at Mission Restaurant Supply, and for good reason. These tools can take the toughest piece of muscle-packed meat (think the rump or the shoulder) and make it tender, more pliable, and all around more satisfactory to eat.
If you’re in the market for a new meat tenderizer, either for your home or business, we recommend you reading further so you can understand the different kinds of tenderizers that are available, along with the differences in their performance.
1. The first and most traditional style of tenderizer is the hammer, like our best-selling model by Browne-Halco. This type of meat tenderizer is a tried and true classic for its ease of use and ability to work in all different food settings. These traditional hammer-style tenderizers feature either a wood or aluminum handle and have a metal mallet that offers both coarse and fine cuts. By hitting the meat slab with the mallet, you are essentially working through the product, breaking up the ”connective tissue,” creating a thinner, more tenderized, flavorful and better tasting meat.
2. Mechanical Meat Tenderizers, like our #1 best-seller by Jaccard Corporation, “The Super 3″, utilize a series of razor-sharp blades that penetrate the meat and cut through its “connective tissue” creating thin cooking channels for the marinade to seep through. These connective tissues are made up of collagen protein which is extremely tough and difficult to cut through (say with a fork or knife) so having a meat tenderizer that is sharpened accordingly will produce a better tenderized result. Mechanical tenderizer enthusiasts appreciate the difference between this product and a traditional hammer tenderizer because you physically get deeper into the body of meat than the hammer, which effectively tenderizes the top layers.
What makes the SUPER 3 such a popular item for both residences and commercial foodservice settings?
- Reduces cook times up to 40%!
- Creates more even cooking results
- Increases product yield by reducing the amount of shrinkage during cook times
- Dishwasher safe! Just throw it on the top shelf and say goodbye to tedious cleaning
- Can be used on all different cuts of meat from veal to turkey, pork, chicken and game meat
- Enhances flavor of even less expensive cuts of meat by penetrating deep and allowing for quicker marinading
Get the best tenderization out of all your meat with a Meat Tenderizer from Mission Restaurant Supply. Starting at just $5.95, these tools are a great way to enhance the natural flavor of your meat and to get the best outcome at very little cost. For more information, please feel free to call our sales representatives at 800-319-0690!