Chefs across the globe are inherently different in style, technique, and the way they demonstrate their skills, but one thing that is consistent among them is their search for equipment that will prove versatile for their needs. Combi ovens are a great example of this sought after versatility but one item that is often overlooked-though rapidly gaining popularity- is the Braising Pan.
The beauty of a braising pan is that one device can cover such a wide range of products and production needs.
At Mission Restaurant Supply, we understand that chefs need equipment that will meet their high standards and expectations day after day, night after night, which is why we are excited to share with you Groen’s Eclipse Tilting Braising Pans.
Why Choose A Groen Eclipse Braising Pan?
- For over 40 years, Groen’s Eclipse Braising Pans have been leading the industry standard in both gas and electric models.
- By combining the functions of a skillet and a kettle, these braising pans will braise, boil, simmer, saute, steam, bain marie, thaw, warm, proof, hold, roast and serve with ease!
- Fast, high-capacity pan features a bi-metal cooking surface that heats evenly and quickly (350°F in 4 minutes!), eliminating hot spots and improving product quality.
- Rounded, seamless pan corners have a 3” radius and keep food from building up, allowing your team to easily stir food while in use (and clean, after the fact)
- Central tilting feature and hinged pan allows you to pour the product from the pan directly into containers with little hassle! Groen’s Eclipse line also has the shortest pour path in the industry making it even easier to pour while minimizing spills.
- One pan minimizes messes and clean up time; Open leg construction makes it easy to clean underneath and around the unit.
- Ideal for the foodservice establishment (i.e. schools, hotels, restaurants) preparing a wide variety of meats, soups, sauces and virtually anything in high volume! Need to make a few hundred pancakes for the morning shift? Steaks for lunch? Stews for dinner? No problem.
Is Gas or Electric Better?
Both the Gas and Electric Braising Pan models are designed to perform with equality, heating evenly from the bottom of the pan by gas burners or electric elements. Which you choose will largely be a factor of the utilities at your commercial venue. Here are the differences:
GAS: Groen’s Eclipse Gas Braising Pans are equipped with gas jets for radiant heat and fins for conductive energy which are welded into the back base of the pan.
ELECTRIC: Groen’s Eclipse Electric Braising Pans are outfitted with heated strips that have been bonded in pairs across the bottom of the pan. This allows for uniform, even heating.
*Please note that some of these pans are available with Power Tilt or Manual Tilt options*
How Do I Clean It?
Confining your mess to one pan is one of the great features of these products. To clean, simply spray out the debris, clean it with soap and water, sanitize the pan, and tilt to an angle to let it air dry.
We’ve just recently loaded Groen’s newest 15 gallon braising pan to the site, but should you like a quote on a larger unit (30 gallon, 40 gallon), please give us a call at 800-319-0690, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm CST, and our team will be glad to assist!