Commercial Refrigeration is a saturated marketplace filled with quality brands and products. For customers in the market to buy a new piece of refrigeration the choice can often be an overwhelming one. By now you’ve heard us confess our love for manufacturers like True, Hoshizaki and Turbo Air, but one line we encourage you to learn more about is Traulsen. Do you want the longest life out of your unit and the largest return on your investment? Traulsen may be the perfect fit for you.
Manufactured in the heart of Ft Worth, Texas, this line has been creating refrigeration solutions since 1938, and their promise to bring quality to the industry has never wavered. One of the ways Traulsen has gained many loyal advocates is by explaining the difference between the price of purchase and the price of ownership with a Traulsen unit. The chart below details this difference:
As you can see, although a Traulsen refrigerator or freezer will cost you more up front, it will actually save you money throughout the course of its lifespan. The reason for this harks back to the brand’s commitment to quality. Quality Materials, Quality Design, Quality Operation, and Quality Control. Below are a few of the key design elements that make Traulsen one of the most respected refrigeration brands in the world.
- The Quality of Stainless: Stainless steel is the ideal and most widely used material for the foodservice industry, mainly for its durability, easy-to-clean nature, and its industrial aesthetic. By making an all stainless cabinet from the interior to the exterior along with every part in between, Traulsen units will last for longer without wavering in performance or reliability. Stainless steel also transfers temperature a lot faster than plastic or vinyl. Cutting out all the plastic pieces that are so often found in other refrigeration brands will ensure quality and easy upkeep year after year.
- The Traulsen Air Flow: Unlike other manuacturers who push cold air from the top down or from the back to the front, Traulsen has designed their cabinets with air ducts that help move cold air in a circular motion. This engineered air flow will blow across then down so cold air can fill from the bottom up, shelf by shelf by shelf. This air flow design will lengthen the life of your compressor and ensure the most thorough temperatures no matter where food is placed in the cabinet.
- Why Top Mount Refrigeration? The debate between whether top mount versus bottom mount refrigeration is better continues on with the ultimate consensus being that it is a subjective matter of opinion for the end user. Traulsen, however, continues to stand by their philosophy of having top mount refrigeration for multiple reasons. The first is that it is simply easier to access for preventative maintenance operations and service. Though bottom mount might seem easier, it is actually much harder to reach the interior of the refrigeration system when on your back amidst dirt, grime, and limited visibility. Second, because the evaporator, condenser and compressor are all located high up off the ground, you-the end user- won’t have to worry as much about dirt and grime getting sucked into the system, which is often the case with bottom mount units whose fans and motors are located right above the floor. And third, because the refrigeration system is located up top, it is not eating up useable space in the interior of the cabinet, unlike the bottom mount conterparts on the market. (Traulsen claims you will have 15-20% more usable storage space in their boxes than bottom mount units by competitive brands.)
- The Best Insulation: Traulsen is the only brand of its kind that ensures a minimum thickness of 2 inches of insulation in their refrigeration. This insulation is 100% foamed in place for the best temperature maintenance and control.
- Free Freight On Everything! In addition to the brand’s generous Free Freight offer, there is also a Free Liftgate service offered for any Traulsen unit you buy under 72”.
What’s not to love? Invest in the G Series by Traulsen and get the longest product life and the best return on your investment!
Have questions? We are here to help. Call us at 800-319-0690 from Monday through Friday 7 AM to 7 PM (CST) to speak to someone on our team.