In recent years, the foodservice industry has been “growing green” thanks to the implementation of more and more sustainable practices. Our leading commercial refrigeration brand, True Manufacturing, is a great case study of this commitment to sustainability. Over their 65 year history, this family-owned company has made significant, meaningful steps to minimize their carbon footprint while leading the way for green innovation in the foodservice industry. They’ve done this by utilizing not only energy efficient practices (i.e. using recycled composite materials) but also by pushing advanced technology to update their refrigeration systems as a whole.
Here are the ways True is making a difference:
- The Ecomate® insulated blowing agent used in their boxes has zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and zero GWP (Global Warming Potential)
- True uses a closed loop water system to conserve water
- They use recycled composite materials
- True’s reversing condenser fan motor ensures that the condensers are free from dirt and debris which in turn equates to optimal condenser performance, colder holding temperatures and better overall efficiency on your investment
- True Equipment meets RoHS compliance (“Restriction of use of certain Hazardous Substances”) in electrical equipment (Hazard substances like lead, mercury and cadmium have been reduced by 99%)
From 2000 to 2012, True has reduced its footprint in the following ways:
- Electrical consumption was reduced by 34% per square foot
- 98% of all scrap metal was recycled
- Natural gas consumption was reduced by 60% per square foot
- CO2 release was reduced by 137,000 metric tons
- 99.97% reduction in TRI (toxic release inventory)
- Water usage was reduced by 50% per square foot
True is an ENERGY STAR® Partner for Commercial Refrigeration and they continue to meet & exceed DOE (Department of Energy) and CEC (California Energy Commission) requirements. If you’d like to read more about the ways True Manufacturing is reducing their carbon footprint on the environment, click here!