In Their Words - Costa Pacifica
Moris Saide, CEO/Owner of Costa Pacifica, is originally from Monterrey, Mexico. After moving to San Antonio, he saw an opportunity to create a restaurant concept with fresh, Mexican-style seafood dishes. He partnered with his uncle and cousin to develop the concept at Costa Pacifica, which opened about 10 years ago.
What makes Costa Pacifica unique is that a lot of their menu items have been created by their staff and customers. One signature item, the Torre Lida, was created by Moris' wife. She requested a dish with tuna, avocado, and mushrooms with a citrus flavoring. The chef created the dish and it is now named after Moris' wife and daughter.
His advice to someone starting in the industry is a cup of coffee can save you thousands of dollars. Reach out to someone experienced in the industry and have a conversation with them. You can learn a lot and help avoid costly mistakes.
Moris considers himself in hospitality/entertainment business and just happens to serve food and drinks. Currently, Moris is keeping busy with all the projects he is working on: 3 bars, 2 restaurants, a nightclub, and a concert venue. But in his spare time he enjoys spending time with his daughters and watching soccer.
We are excited to be working with Moris on his upcoming projects and are looking forward to seeing how they turn out!
Here are some of items that Costa Pacifica partnered with Mission Restaurant Supply on:
- True TBB‐2G‐HC‐LD Back Bar Cabinet, Refrigerated
- True TBB‐24‐48G‐HC‐LD Back Bar Cabinet, Refrigerated
- True TD‐50‐18‐HC Bottle Cooler
- Frosty Factory of America 137A Frozen Drink Machine, Non‐Carbonated, Cylinder Type
- Wolf AGM48 Gas Countertop Griddle
- True T‐36‐GC‐HC Glass and Plate Chiller
- True T‐50‐GC‐HC Glass and Plate Chiller
- True TSSU‐72‐24M‐B‐ST‐HC Mega Top Sandwich / Salad Preparation Refrigerator
- Globe SP30 Planetary Mixer
- Wolf C36S‐6B Range, 36", 6 Open Burners
- Wolf WSPR1 Range, Stock Pot, Gas
- Hoshizaki UF48A Reach‐In Undercounter Freezer
Watch the video here: