Submitted by: Erick Cavazos, Multimedia Designer
The Mission Family is excited to share with you their favorite recipes! Each month we will be featuring a recipe submitted by a Mission team member. We hope you enjoy! Did you make the recipe? Share your pictures using #MissionFamilyRecipes
- 3 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 3 serrano peppers, destemmed
- 3 jalapeno peppers, destemmed
- ½ green bell pepper, destemmed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lime juice, optional
- In a saucepan, add tomatoes, serrano, jalapeno, and green bell pepper, and garlic. Cover ingredients with water. Boil until vegetables are tender.
- In a fry pan, sauté oil and onion over medium heat. After three minutes, add the vegetable bouillon. Continue to sauté for two more minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from the boiling water. In a blender or molcajete, mix the boiled vegetables to desired texture.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the fry pan. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour salsa in a serving bowl. Top with cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice upon serving if desire.