Submitted by: Luke Wooldridge, McAllen General Manager
The Mission Family is excited to share with you their favorite recipes! Each month we will be featuring a recipe submitted by a Mission team member. We hope you enjoy! Did you make the recipe? Share your pictures using #MissionFamilyRecipes
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Dash of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 cup of beer
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- Green onions, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, sweat onions and garlic in the oil.
- Add venison, chili powder, coriander, cumin. Cook through.
- Add dash of hot sauce.
- Add beer, tomato paste and season with salt.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with green onion and cheese.